Velvet is gone.

mozey

Long Time Member
Just got back from checking my camera; saw several bulls and bucks. Except for a spike or two, bulls have stripped off their velvet.

Yep, mozey I heard they were stripped up north too.Last weekend on the antelope hunt in 52 I heard from a couple guys that they heard a few bulls piping up already.A few more weeks to go......

crazy, I know a few years back we went up Labor Day weekend for a day just to look around and all the bulls we saw were still in velvet , but know it changes from year to year. Saw a few bulls in in the Valles and many were also stripped....Man it's almost time ,,,,,yeah baby.....

Heres some that were in antelope country a couple weeks ago.Cant wait to hear my first bugle love this time of year

DSC01689_0093_093.jpg

Yeah moz pretty cool g-2.And g-1s make an x.Good luck rubbing the velvet off those pedicles.Like having an itch on the center of your back

Seen a lot of rubs in unit 36. I hear they are starting to talk at dawn and dusk too.

We watched two raghorns sparring yesterday morning. Only spikes have velvet left in 34 now. Only six more days!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom