Vernon starting point -Archery

rydub01

Well it looks like my Wyoming antelope hunt got delayed another year as my hunting buddIes drew a Vernon archery tag and the other drew a late season elk tag.

I’m looking for a starting point in the Vernon unit as I am in a wheelchair and pretty much bound to the roads on a side by side. My hunting buddy is not but will pretty much be limited to spot and stock as he doesn’t want to hunt without me(brothers right?)

if anyone has any tips on which mountain range to start on and the best place to park and camp to access areas quickly it would be much appreciated. Not expecting honey holes but any info helps. Thanks.

we’ll be able to scout it probably twice a month til it starts.

Vernon archery isn’t tough to locate deer. From the very top of the mountain to the valley floor, you’ll find deer. From the roads. I’d go higher during the archery on the sheeprocks, thats a good starting place. But anywhere around there or just south of Vernon around Vernon res or cherry creek should produce deer to look at and chase

Biggest buck I ever seen on Vernon was by the railroad tracks along the highway headed to Lynndyl (south of Eureka).
There's always troughs around that the deer will water at and catch basins with water in (depending on the amount of moisture). Mostly near the reservoir and on the west side of the Sheeprocks.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom