Vortex Rifle Scopes

I really like the Vortex scopes and was almost sold on one. The only thing I do not like is the shorter eye-relief (compared to Leupold). I am looking to put a scope on my .300 Win Mag, and I think I will be chosing a scope with a longer eye-relief. On a low recoil gun, I wouldn't hesitate putting a Vortex on it.

I bought a new .270WSM last year and put a Vortex Viper 4-12x40 scope with the BDC reticle. I have shot it quite a bit at the range and just got back this weekend from a Wyoming antelope hunt where I was able to use the scope for the first time in the field. I have been more than satisfied with the scope and love it for its clarity and some of the features. I would highly recommend a vortex rifle scope-let me know if you have any questions about the scopes I may be able to answer. I do not work for Vortex by the way :)

Cameraland is offering the Viper 6.5x20/50 for $279 which apears to be a smoking deal???? As far as quality, how does vortex compare to Leupold?

I have them on two hunting rifles. I use the BDC reticle on one and the other I was given a custom turret from Vortex and MM. Great set-up and seems to track just fine. As far as the glass. I have used Leupold and I don't know that it is that much better. For what I am willing to spend on a scope the Vortex is a good scope. I have used there warranty service and can tell you that they back up there products better than anyone I have ever seen.

I hate leupold, had a pos scope that wouldn't hold zero and while following a deer or elk in the scope the outside would give me a rolling effect that really screwed me up. I just put a vortex viper 3.5-10x50 on my 300 mag and love it so far. Great clarity and draws in light very well. I went jackrabbit hunting last night with it to get more comfortable with my setup and couldn't be more impressed! I will be buying more. You CANNOT beat the warrantee!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

quick, I bought my viper for $399 from the same person. The next month the prices dropped a bunch. It hurts just a little. Thats a heck of a deal.

If you stick with the Viper line and up you'll be fine. I own a Viper and have really put it through a lot. It is holding up fine. However I have heard of problems with the cheaper scopes they make. Like most things optics related, you get what you pay for. I would put the Viper's on par with the Leupold Vari XIII I own.

I bought one with 12x and mildots,so far so good took this lope at 719 yards with it last thurs...I like to give a scope a full season before I make a decision on quality.
1014000903a.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom