Vortex spotter...Viper or Razor

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Looking to use my stimulus on a large spotter. I currently have the smaller Razor but after my elk hunt last year, it is obvious I need a larger, reach out farther spotter. Is there much difference in quality of glass between the Razor and Viper? The cost is only $500....is the quality in the Razor $500 better? Thanks in advance.
I have also thought about Leupold but haven't done much research on those spotters. I have always had good luck with my Leupold scopes and binos. Customer service is excellent as Vortex's is as well. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Steve

My leupold vs vortex edges the leupold spotter. Better fit and finish, smoother operation, more solid feel. And made in the USA. Giving a stimulus check to china is like paying china multiple times with interest on the same cash we originally borrowed from them. Great gig if your china.

Hey Wisz!

You Ain't Takin All That Money With You!

Quit Being A Tight Ass or I'll Call Ms Wisz & Have Her Get the Scope You Really Want!

And She Will Be Using Your CheckBook You Think She Doesn't Know About!:D

Looking to use my stimulus on a large spotter. I currently have the smaller Razor but after my elk hunt last year, it is obvious I need a larger, reach out farther spotter. Is there much difference in quality of glass between the Razor and Viper? The cost is only $500....is the quality in the Razor $500 better? Thanks in advance.
I have also thought about Leupold but haven't done much research on those spotters. I have always had good luck with my Leupold scopes and binos. Customer service is excellent as Vortex's is as well. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Steve

Steve
I don’t know much about Vortex, but have used Leupolds for 50 years. Between horseback and backpack hunts and scouting I’ve carried their scopes and spotters for hundreds of days. I can tell you they are durable and dependable. You ask about spotters . I bought the Leupold 12 to 40 Gold Ring the year they came out and carry it with me everywhere truck, horseback, and backpack. I’ve damaged it 2 or 3 times, and sent it in for repairs. Repairs have always been quick and spotter looks brand new when returned. I’m not sure, but once it may have been replaced, some of the beauty marks were gone. I’ve never been charged for any repairs. I own Swarovski binoculars, but depend on my Leupold a lot. I really like it’s size, and clarity. I’ve worn out several tripods, but the spotter endures. Probably my favorite piece of equipment.

I don’t know much about Vortex, but have used Leupolds for 50 years. Between horseback and backpack hunts and scouting I’ve carried their scopes and spotters for hundreds of days. I can tell you they are durable and dependable. You ask about spotters . I bought the Leupold 12 to 40 Gold Ring the year they came out and carry it with me everywhere truck, horseback, and backpack. I’ve damaged it 2 or 3 times, and sent it in for repairs. Repairs have always been quick and spotter looks brand new when returned. I’m not sure, but once it may have been replaced, some of the beauty marks were gone. I’ve never been charged for any repairs. I own Swarovski binoculars, but depend on my Leupold a lot. I really like it’s size, and clarity. I’ve worn out several tripods, but the spotter endures. Probably my favorite piece of equipment.
I appreciate the info....I have had nothing but good luck with Leupold as well but own a pair of Vortex binos and they are excellent glass. It may come down to price and the fact one is made in America. Thanks again for the info. I still use a Vari-X II 3-9 thats about 20 years old on my deer rifle. Probably won't ever change that scope out....at least don't have plans to.

I saw one advertised on YouTube the other day. The images they showed looked pretty good. I didn't catch the name of it but I think it was on sale for $29.99 and free shipping. If I see it again I'll try to save the link.

I saw one advertised on YouTube the other day. The images they showed looked pretty good. I didn't catch the name of it but I think it was on sale for $29.99 and free shipping. If I see it again I'll try to save the link.
I think you mean ebay?

Hey Eel?

Was it the Same Seller that Sells the Generators for 48.00?

If it was my money I would find a kowa. If you're set on vortex I would reccomend the razor. I'm not a fan of the viper series in binoculars and spotters.

Kowa is not marketed to hunters as much as birders. If you do a little searching you can find a lot of info about them. There have been a lot of reviews in the last couple years that compare the tsn 88 mm to the other high end spotters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom