Voting motives...

Roy

I overheard a conversation today in which one person was already saying - "Well if Obama loses at least you won't be able to blame me!" Which made me wonder why do we really vote?

So the following is just a little survey - answer back with just one of the following options - there is no right or wrong answer (though I am sure huntindude and piper will tell us different):

A - Civic duty / right- I believe in the process and our Constitution and want to exercise my right.

B - Love for America - I love this country and believe my vote will expresses that love and devotion.

C - Popularity - everyone else is doing it - it is the popular thing to do and I like to show off to everyone that I did by wearing that "I voted" sticker. Plus Oprah and Matt Damon said to.

D - Political nut - I am all about politics - every thing I do is politics - live, eat, breathe, sleep - this is my superbowl!

E - Credit/Blame - So when things go great in a few years I can say - "Yeah I voted for him/her/that/" or the opposite - when the crap hits the fan I can say "Well don't blame me I voted for the other guy!"

I will reveal mine at the end - just curious to know what you all think!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

You'll tell us at the end eh????

What ever! I can say that you have mentioned many reasons I vote, not in any order as you have them listed but you pretty much said how I feel ....

A, B, & E for me.

I don't have much faith in either candidate anymore. I will vote Mcain/Palin because if something does happen to Mcain (he's what 72 years old?) Palin has not been in Washington, so she has not been corrupted yet.

Usually A&B, but this year.......

E. I'm voting for McCain so I can say don't blame me. I could be wrong though. Growing the economy from the bottom up seems to be working for Cuba and Mexico.

Eel

It's none of your GD business Roy! That's what makes this country great.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 01:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 01:23?PM (MST)

LOL RUS! That should be Answer F - I should also include Answer G too! Actually here are a couple more to consider:

F - NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!! That's what makes this country great!

G - Apathy / abstinence - I don't vote! Voting is a waste of time as the leaders of the country are forced upon us by conspiracies set up by big business and the war machine. They just allow us to vote to let us think we have control. (Piper and H-dude there you go!)

H - Vote?/Huh? - This is an election year? Sorry I've been too busy hunting and following everyone else's hunts to even pay attention. Is Doyle Moss running for President?

UTROY

How about G.

I vote because I think my vote will make a difference.

That possibility is always in the back of my mind.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]A and B

My Dad told me when i turned 18, If you dont vote you cant bit ch

what if I told you it doesnt matter who I vote for on the president,and vice presidental ticket, Wyoming will go for McCain' Palin, the electorial college mostly seems stupid to me

piper, that would be choice.......

I.doesnt matter who I vote for on the president,and vice presidental ticket,the electorial college mostly seems stupid to me

:)

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 07:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 07:21?PM (MST)

I just bought a 1000 shares of KFC. But it's still none of your GD business.

RUS

"electorial college mostly seems stupid to me"

Eel

Me too Ell. Al Bore Gore would be wrapping up his 2nd term right now if it hadn't been for the stupid electorial college.

Dang .... now there is something to ponder.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-08 AT 07:01AM (MST)[p]NMPaul - you are right! - I was going to include that in A and B - Both of those should read that you believe your vote makes a difference as well.

And yes Piper - that thar electorial collage thang shoore is stooopeid.

Rus - just think how cold everything would be if Gore would have been pres. the last 8 years! There would be NO trace whatsoever of Global Warming! Again - blame the electoral college and the Supreme Court for upholding the constitution!

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-08 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]Ok so I said I would reveal my motives when this whole thing is over - and it's close now so I will answer -

A and B - I do believe in this country and this process. Voting is the way we express our love and appreciation for this country and I take that right and responsibility very seriously! (Though I am not a political nut - this is not my superbowl)

SOOOOOO - if you haven't yet - GET OUT AND VOTE! I don't care what motivates you - just do it!

UTROY

I vote for option K.

Sorta like Rus' reason for voting.... It's none of your damn money. It's my damn money, I made it, I'd like to keep it and spend or save it how I see fit.

I don't care if it rains or freezes...as long as I get my check and free cheezes...

JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom