Wall Tent Care

nvguy2

Was just wondering if anybody can tell me how often I need to cure my tent.I have had it for about 3 or 4 years and have used it about 6 or 7 times.I bought some Canvak canvas preserve out of Cabela's last night.I was just wondering how often I need to do this and if any of you can tell me what works well.Thanks.

Run a search for this topic.They were just talking about it last month.

beavis.gif

I seen the topic last month and asked the same question,but didn't get a response so I thought if I made a seperate post that I would get some info.I already bought some treatment and am going to cure it this summer anyway just to be safe.I was just wondering if anybody who has had one for awhile could share some info.Anybody reading this who is thinking about buying a tent, a wall tent is definately the way to go.I love mine.

I'd recommend calling up a tent manufacturer and ask them. Montana Canvas or Alaska Tent and Tarp may be helpful.
-Raptor

My old one is 14 yrs old, I brought a newer one this year from Prism. I do mine very 2 years but if it was wet alot because of snow or rain then I do it every year, I use the same stuff, I spray it on with a bug sprayer and it works great I try and do it during a hot calm day(don't want dust sticking to it.) Take a several of hours to dry, Any other questions I will try and answer them for ya.

How much canvak do you use for your tent? Is the coverage close to the package instructuions?

Buckshot

LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-06 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p]Thanks Gator.I bought a gallon of that stuff and am also going to use a sprayer.I have the same question as Buckshot though.How much do I need?I bought a gallon,but I am probably going to get another one just in case.The first one hasn't arrived yet so I will probably wait and read the instructions first.My tent is a 12'X 14'.Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom