Walleye in Strawberry ??

And I QUOTE:

It's The Only One.............................!

I Call BS!

People Are Tired Of Them GAWD-DAMNED CHUBS!

And Since Nobody-Else Was Doing Anything About Them Chubs,Somebody Is Gonna Do Something!

BEAVIS Will Be Doing Trophy Walleye Charter Trips Before Long & He'll Still Be Making Bank!

There's So F'N Many CHUBS In Strawberry It's Beyond Belief!

They Claim Them DRATville Chubs Were Almost Extinct At One Time In Certain Waters!

I Think They Are Protected In Some Waters?

I Remember When They Poisoned Strawberry & Boasted 100% Kill!

I Called BS On That As Well!

I like to eat walleye more than I like to eat trout. Walleye have their place, but I'd personally rather not see them in a cutthroat lake.

Strawberry is both a success story and a disappointment. The cutts are doing well but they are not a fun fish to catch. Sometimes its hard to tell if you have a fish or a piece of aquatic vegetation. They need to put in some Lahontan cutts from Pyramid Lake. Or even the Bonneville cutts from Lost Creek which fight harder and grow bigger. Tiger trout would be another good option for the Berry. But unfortunately the DWR is dead set on preserving what they feel are the native species so we are stuck with the laziest fish on planet earth, Bear Lake cutthroat. Given this situation I'm not surprised somebody threw walleye in there.

There Was A Few TIGERS In Strawberry!

Don't Know How Many Of Them Are Left?

And I'll Agree With You On The LAZIEST Strain Of Cutthroat I've Ever Pulled In!

They Are WIMPS Too!

You Be Real Gentle On A Retrieval & Then Release Them & Most Of Them Go ****-UP!

Strawberry is both a success story and a disappointment. The cutts are doing well but they are not a fun fish to catch. Sometimes its hard to tell if you have a fish or a piece of aquatic vegetation. They need to put in some Lahontan cutts from Pyramid Lake. Or even the Bonneville cutts from Lost Creek which fight harder and grow bigger. Tiger trout would be another good option for the Berry. But unfortunately the DWR is dead set on preserving what they feel are the native species so we are stuck with the laziest fish on planet earth, Bear Lake cutthroat. Given this situation I'm not surprised somebody threw walleye in there.

They Claim Them DRATville Chubs Were Almost Extinct At One Time In Certain Waters!

I Think They Are Protected In Some Waters?

I Remember When They Poisoned Strawberry & Boasted 100% Kill!

I Called BS On That As Well!
Some of the best water-fowling of my life was during the kill offā€¦ Letā€™s do it againā€¦

A Warden Claimed A Guy That Was Suppose To Dump Them Off At Another Lake Accidentally Dumped Them In Strawberry!

Rather That's GOSPEL I Don't Know?

We Had A Friend Get Together Out At Strawberry Several Years Ago & One Of The Guys In Our Bunch Claimed His Wife Had Caught A TIGER The Day Before & I Almost Called Him On It!

But The Following Day I Caught A TIGER!

Not A Bad Thing Though!

TIGERS Are Aggressive & I'm Sure Some CHUBS Got Munched!

I Don't Think TIGERS Can Reproduce!

So Not A Big Deal!

They Fight Harder Than Them CUTTS That Are In Strawberry Now!

I wonder if they were accidentally stocked or if they came through the tunnel from Currant Creek :unsure:

A Warden Claimed A Guy That Was Suppose To Dump Them Off At Another Lake Accidentally Dumped Them In Strawberry!

Rather That's GOSPEL I Don't Know?

We Had A Friend Get Together Out At Strawberry Several Years Ago & One Of The Guys In Our Bunch Claimed His Wife Had Caught A TIGER The Day Before & I Almost Called Him On It!

But The Following Day I Caught A TIGER!

Not A Bad Thing Though!

TIGERS Are Aggressive & I'm Sure Some CHUBS Got Munched!

I Don't Think TIGERS Can Reproduce!

So Not A Big Deal!

They Fight Harder Than Them CUTTS That Are In Strawberry Now!
Yeah, and they said that those dinosaurs made from frog DNA couldn't reproduce either, and look what happened!

LOL Tony!

When I Was younger I Caught A Funny Looking Brook Trout!

Ever Since I Seen The TIGER Trout I've Always Wondered If The Funny Looking Brook I Caught Wasn't A Natural TIGER?

The Brighter Colored TIGERS Are Perty Dang Cool Looking!

Wondering If DAX Has Any Info On The TIGERS Possibly being Mistakenly Planted In Strawberry?

(((Yes DAX,I Know You're In The BIG GAME Side Of Things But Maybe You Know Something We Don't?)))

As Bad As I Hate To See Walleye In A Trout Pond,I Hope They Eat Every F'N Chub In The Reservoir & Well Deal With The Walleye Later!:D

Yeah, and they said that those dinosaurs made from frog DNA couldn't reproduce either, and look what happened!

I See On KSL News This Morning:

DON'T DITCH THE FISH!

These Walleye Were Not Ditched From Somebodies Home Fish Tank!

I Still Don't Know Who The JOKER Was That Planted The Gold Fish On SJ In a Wallow/SMALL Pond?

I'd Of Placed Money They'd Of Never Made It Through The First Winter But I Was WRONG!

They Are Doing Well!:

After Strawberry was treated I have witnessed two tiger trout around 17" caught, and one 20" brown.
I also caught the biggest smallmouth of my life there and I didn't even know they were in there.
Why they didn't keep the brookies in there is beyond my imagination. People would have traveled a long distance for the big brook trout and Strawberry was perfect for them.

The only chub of my own......at least that I've been able to see. Tigers are worse than carp. Ugly as a chub from the Basin.
20231221_151822.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody on this thread know how to catch a 22ā€ plus cutthroat? Me and a couple buddies made a half dozen trips in the boat this summer and probably caught over 300 fish but not one over 22ā€

They canā€™t all die at 20ā€ Wondering about fishing with a 10ā€ chub or live crayfish. Just havenā€™t been able to crack the code

That's Kinda Been The Norm For Quite A While!

The Only Way BEAVIS Would Help Us Would Come With A NOMINAL FEE!

Anybody on this thread know how to catch a 22ā€ plus cutthroat? Me and a couple buddies made a half dozen trips in the boat this summer and probably caught over 300 fish but not one over 22ā€

They canā€™t all die at 20ā€ Wondering about fishing with a 10ā€ chub or live crayfish. Just havenā€™t been able to crack the code

That's Kinda Been The Norm For Quite A While!

The Only Way BEAVIS Would Help Us Would Come With A NOMINAL FEE!
I donā€™t know that Beavis breaks 22ā€ more than once in a blue moon. The only other thing to try might be ā€œmousingā€ in low light or fishing the shallows with leeches or maybe dry flys in certain conditions. Or maybe the Soldier creek side is the wrong side for big fish

They canā€™t all die at 20ā€ Wondering about fishing with a 10ā€ chub or live crayfish. Just havenā€™t been able to crack the coFYI.

Yes. I think we covered this one when we got off topic in another thread. You have to teleport back to the late 90s early 2000 era. They were everywhere in strawberry.

I bet elkassasin probably hit strawberry during the good old days and could tell you exactly what era to set the time machine dial to. I kid you not, trout as long as your leg. Well that might be an exaggeration. But we did catch some over the 2 ft mark on the tape.

We used monster jigs to lure them into the boat. Like bigger than you would think you would want to use. Think like tiger musky size. But, the ultimate fish to hook into during those days were the monster rainbows in there. Those things were like hooking into freight train.

My dad has told me he thought there was a time it was even better than what I witnessed as the glory days.

Sorry for getting off topic but couldnā€™t help myself. You would just think that by sheer numbers that one out of 500 would break 22ā€

They have to be in there, very frustrating.

The big rainbows seem to be a thing of the past but a guy should be able to catch a big cutt every once in a while

Sorry for getting off topic but couldnā€™t help myself. You would just think that by sheer numbers that one out of 500 would break 22ā€

They have to be in there, very frustrating.

The big rainbows seem to be a thing of the past but a guy should be able to catch a big cutt every once in a while

I haven't been out in a while, but I haven't caught any that broke the 22inch mark in some time now.

The walleye is interesting. Wondering how that will play out in the future. I would have to think it's probably not the only one in there though.

Walleye really like these rocky mountain reservoirs and rivers. Too bad they get a bad reputation from the states.

Iā€™d take walleye over trout any day of the week, tired a$$ trout stink in comparison to pan fried walleye

I admit I do have a bias towards chubby trout on the end of a fly rod. With that said, if I have a choice, I'm eating the walleye. That's it, you have convinced me it's fish for dinner tonight!

I admit I do have a bias towards chubby trout on the end of a fly rod. With that said, if I have a choice, I'm eating the walleye. That's it, you have convinced me it's fish for dinner tonight!
Now I can agree with the fight, walleyes often fight like a soggy branch, but they sure do eat well!

When I Was A Punk-Ass Kid Is When You needed To Fish Strawberry!

BEAVIS Wasn't Even A Dream At That Time!

5-6lb BOWS Were Common!

Then The CHUBS Got So F'N Thick Trout Couldn't Survive!

Several Year After They Poisoned Strawberry There Was Some Good Fishing For A Few Years!

We Caught Several BOWS & CUTTS In The 28"-32" Range!

The New Breed Of CUTTS In Strawberry Are GUTLESS!

Hardly Any Fight!

When The CHUBS Started Getting THICK Again Several Years Ago The Trout Size Went Down!

I Don't Miss The Opening Day/Days Crowds Of Yesteryear!

You Wanna See CHUM!

GOOD GAWD!

CANNED CORN SALES WERE HIGH!:D

If You Read Back In To Strawberry's History,Somebody Back In The Early Days Caught A Big SOB Out There!

Can't Remember I Think It Was A CUTT In The 26 lb Range?

A Woman I Think?

I have not fished Strawberry for as long as Bessy, and I certainly have not fished Strawberry as much as berryblaster. So I beg their pardon with my lesser experience!

But I think finding fish like walleye in Strawberry is a tragedy. We don't need invasive species competing with the trout in that lake. There are plenty of lakes we have walleye in if people want to walleye fish.

Things like tiger trout don't bother me. If you don't want tiger trout after planting them in a body of water, just stop planting them. They will eventually die off. They are sterile. If you don't want walleye in a body of water after planting them (even illegally) then you are screwed.

I have caught very few trout over 22 inches out the Berry over the years. They have happened, but not often. A trout over 22 inches is pretty big though. They don't grow on trees. Never did! At least not in our waters in Utah.

I have not fished Strawberry for as long as Bessy, and I certainly have not fished Strawberry as much as berryblaster. So I beg their pardon with my lesser experience!

But I think finding fish like walleye in Strawberry is a tragedy. We don't need invasive species competing with the trout in that lake. There are plenty of lakes we have walleye in if people want to walleye fish.

Things like tiger trout don't bother me. If you don't want tiger trout after planting them in a body of water, just stop planting them. They will eventually die off. They are sterile. If you don't want walleye in a body of water after planting them (even illegally) then you are screwed.

I have caught very few trout over 22 inches out the Berry over the years. They have happened, but not often. A trout over 22 inches is pretty big though. They don't grow on trees. Never did! At least not in our waters in Utah.
There Used To Be 22"+ Trout Galore Back In The Day!

Wish We Could Go Back To It!

However:I Damn Sure Don't Miss When There Was An Opening Day!

I've Seen The DWR Not Make Many GREAT Moves In My Day!

Year Around Fishing Was One Of The Best Moves They've Ever Made!

And mtngoat!

If PUMPKINS Suits Woulda Been Mandatory Back Then............JUDAS What a FUSTER CLUCK!

Your memory is so good it remembers things that never happen!

Yes, they existed, but maybe your definition of ā€œgaloreā€ and mine are different.

I know we all question elkassasins memory, but for what it's worth, my fishing pals and I were serious muskie fisherman. Obsessed would be an understatement. We developed tactics that were unconventional in and we targeted monster tiger muskie. They are pretty hard fish to catch so we had to pay attention to details to have success.

Anyway, we started fishing strawberry during the slow season on our local pond (September) and we developed techniques to specifically target large cutthroat. We became very proficient in catching cutthroat over 22inches. I don't know if I would describe it as "galore " , but we caught many big ones.

Who knows maybe it's different now, but I'm confident I could catch a few cutthroat over 22inches in my old stomping grounds. If I ever finish my money pit truck restoration project and I get a new bass boat, we can go give it a shot and I'll show you my top secret techniques. You'll laugh when I pull out the tackle box and tie on the "terminator 2000" but trust me I'll make you a believer.

Regarding the Berryā€¦

22+ inch fish absolutely have been caught in the past, are still caught, and will continue to be caught.

They just never were the norm, nor are they now, neither will they be in the future.

Just like 350 inch bulls on the Satch existed in the past, still do, and will continue to. They just arenā€™t the norm, no matter what anyoneā€™s memory of the unit suggests.

And I accept the offer to go fish! Iā€™ll bring my tiger muskie fly box.

IMG_0066.jpeg

PS- I really like the Berry. Itā€™s always been a good fishery to me. (Except for during the iceā€¦but thatā€™s a different story for a different thread. Probably when someone is talking about Henryā€™s bison hunts, or something. Wouldnā€™t want to stay on topic too much!)

I actually forgot we had a fishing season in Utah. I don't remember when that ended, but I do remember dad talking about it. Did you have to wear orange on opening day?
Almost it was combat fishing at its best, I had some great times back then but it was a zoo

And You're BABLIN Your BS Again!

Mighta Been Before You Were Born!

Or Before You Were Old Enough To Remember Or Fish!

Strawberry Wasn't Wall To Wall People Because They Were Pulling PISSCUTTERS In!

Suppose You'll Call Me On That Big Cutthroat That Was Pulled Out Of Strawberry Many Decades Ago As Well?

Keep JACKIN Your Jaw!

Your memory is so good it remembers things that never happen!

Yes, they existed, but maybe your definition of ā€œgaloreā€ and mine are different.

Hey Niller?

You Gonna Pipe Up On The Big Cutthroat Caught At Strawberry Long Before You Were Even Thought About Being Made?

There was only one big cutthroat caught before I was born at the Berry?

I doubt that. I bet that number is higher than 1.

And Once Again You Are Full of BULLSSHITT!

I'm Talkin The Cutthroat That Probably Still Holds The State Record?

Yes There Was Lots Of Big Fish Caught Long Before You Existed!

For The Fisherman You Claim To Be & You've Never Heard Of Nor Have Any Knowledge Of The Big Fish?

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

There was only one big cutthroat caught before I was born at the Berry?

I doubt that. I bet that number is higher than 1.

Hey Niller?

READ & WEAP!

Strawberry Reservoir & Caught By The Woman ( E. Smith) I Mentioned Above!

Tell Me It Ain't F'N So!

193026 lbs. 12 oz.

Nillers Trying To Turn It In To A: THERE"S NEVER BEEN ANY BIG FISH PULLED OUT OF STRAWBERRY THREAD!

That looks like the same one I released 2002. Same spot patterns and everything. It needed a few more years to fill out.

I thought we were talking about walleye?

Here's The Way It Is In Utah Waters Today!

You Won't Know What Breed A Fish You Have On Until You Get It Pulled In!

There's Been So Much Illegal Transplanting It's A Joke!

I Noticed Nobody Wants To CHIME In & Take Responsibility For The SJ Goldfish!

That cutty is a beaut Bessy! It gives me an idea for a new thread.

I donā€™t know how you could even reach to take what I said is no big fish have been caught out of Strawberry. There is a reason I love that place.

But if Iā€™m seeking trophy cutts, itā€™s not at the Berry. But there are some absolute toads in there.

Iā€™d prefer tiger muskie to pike if they felt like they needed a higher end predator. Tiger muskie are easy to control, like tiger trout. Just stop planting them and eventually the problem takes care of itself. Wipers are the same principle. Theyā€™ve done some good things up at Scofield.

But I think the cutts are mostly doing their job at the Berry. I donā€™t think anyone believes they will ever be able to remove chubs from Strawberry Reservoir permanently. Itā€™s simply keeping them at a level the fishery can still remain viable and healthy. I think Strawberry is a healthy fishery.

Now the koke fishermen may disagree, and I donā€™t fish for them. I do understand they are in a major downturn, however. It seems multiple waters are seeing kokes really struggle the last couple years.

Think they felt the same way about the chubs in Starvation. Now they are rarely found and we have a healthy number but skinny walleye population.

Iā€™d prefer tiger muskie to pike if they felt like they needed a higher end predator. Tiger muskie are easy to control, like tiger trout. Just stop planting them and eventually the problem takes care of itself. Wipers are the same principle. Theyā€™ve done some good things up at Scofield.

But I think the cutts are mostly doing their job at the Berry.
You're Wrong On That!

Them F'N CHUBS Are Outa Hand & Have Been For Some Time!
I donā€™t think anyone believes they will ever be able to remove chubs from Strawberry Reservoir permanently. Itā€™s simply keeping them at a level the fishery can still remain viable and healthy. I think Strawberry is a healthy fishery.

Now the koke fishermen may disagree, and I donā€™t fish for them. I do understand they are in a major downturn, however. It seems multiple waters are seeing kokes really struggle the last couple years.

You're Wrong On That!

Them F'N CHUBS Are Outa Hand & Have Been For Some Time!

Here is the Godā€™s honest truth bessy. There ainā€™t a damnnn thing in the world that is going to make you happy. If 22 inches was the smallest fish you caught the last time you went fishing and you had a 100 fish day, youā€™d complain about the results.

There is absolutely NOTHING that could happen with wildlife that would satisfy you. So when you talk about stuff like this, nobody really listens.

You're Wanting To Argue About The CHUB Issue Niller!

You Claim They Ain't Hurting Anything!

Then In Your Next Sentence You're Wondering Why The SLOT Isn't Being Broke Very Often!

If We Ever Get Out To Strawberry Mid-Day On A Calm Day I'll Show You Something That'll Blow Your Mind!

I'm Sure You'll Have Some Kind Of BS Excuse For It!

You Are Secluded From What It Use to Be Compared to What It Is Today!

Here is the Godā€™s honest truth bessy. There ainā€™t a damnnn thing in the world that is going to make you happy. If 22 inches was the smallest fish you caught the last time you went fishing and you had a 100 fish day, youā€™d complain about the results.

There is absolutely NOTHING that could happen with wildlife that would satisfy you. So when you talk about stuff like this, nobody really listens.

You're Wanting To Argue About The CHUB Issue Niller!

I donā€™t want to argue about it, and I didnā€™t make that claim at all. Just another instance of you making up complete BS to try and win some fake argument.

Iā€™d like you to find where I said chubs are not hurting the fishery at Strawberry. You wonā€™t be able to post it, because I didnā€™t say that. Ever. Quit making crap up just so you can whine about something.

Are You & Others Not Wondering Why There Are Not Very Many CUTTS Caught That'll Break The SLOT?

In Your Mind You're Telling Us Strawberry Has Never Been As Good As We Are Claiming!

HINT:

It Was!

You're Not Old Enough To Know It But You'll Still Argue!

Saying that your whiny a$$ memory creates fake news isnā€™t me wondering why not many cutts (percentage wise) break the slot. I know why they donā€™t. The whole system is designed for it to be so.

Again, youā€™re just making crap up so you can whine. Weā€™ve got words for that, my friend. But I donā€™t want to get out in a timeout.

Saying that your whiny a$$ memory creates fake news isnā€™t me wondering why not many cutts (percentage wise) break the slot. I know why they donā€™t. The whole system is designed for it to be so.

Again, youā€™re just making crap up so you can whine. Weā€™ve got words for that, my friend. But I donā€™t want to get out in a timeout.
Not to break up this lovers quarrel, but what is the slot?

Cutthroat or a trout with cutthroat markings 17-22 inches must be released.

It may come as a shocker that many, many people do not follow that law.

It may also be a shocker to some that the vast majority of this strain of cutthroats are going to sit in that size range anyway. But someone will complain about that.

It's A Fish Law That Really PISSES Niller Off When He Lands a
21-1/2" CUTT!:D

Not at all. I donā€™t keep them anyway. 18 inches, 23 inches. They are both going back, just the same.

I think the slot at the Berry has been a VERY good thing. Without it, you would not have a fishery today. Itā€™s that simple.

Cutthroat or a trout with cutthroat markings 17-22 inches must be released.

It may come as a shocker that many, many people do not follow that law.

It may also be a shocker to some that the vast majority of this strain of cutthroats are going to sit in that size range anyway. But someone will complain about that.
Its the same here. The cutts don't get much over 22.

Its the same here. The cutts don't get much over 22.

There are many subspecies that just donā€™t naturally grow much bigger than that normally. Those that do are anomalies, not the norm. It absolutely happens!

Itā€™s almost like elk. Not every male elk that is born will reach 350 inches no matter how many years itā€™s allowed to live. Some will, some wonā€™t. But donā€™t tell that to Bessy!

There are many subspecies that just donā€™t naturally grow much bigger than that normally. Those that do are anomalies, not the norm. It absolutely happens!

Itā€™s almost like elk. Not every male elk that is born will reach 350 inches no matter how many years itā€™s allowed to live. Some will, some wonā€™t. But donā€™t tell that to Bessy!
Yeah I think those that lived in the "good old days" rarely carried a tape. That's why every elk they killed was 350, every mule deer 190, and every cutthroat 26 inches.

A slot at Strawberry is not the real shame.
The REAL shame at Strawberry is the ā€˜dumbing downā€™ of Utah anglers, by the DWR, to not allow us to fillet Kokes at the lake.
The excuse, by the DWR, is that an angler at Strawberry cannot tell the difference between a Cutt and a Koke.
What ever happened to good ole education?
Dear DWR, please let us at least be allowed to fillet Kokes as long as the skin is left on the fillets of Kokes.
Or, just keep us dumb I guess?
Sad.

Well MrShane!

It Is Amazing How Many DRATS Can't Tell What Species Of Fish They Pulled In!

Add The LAW Breakers In There As Well!

The One I Get A Kick Out Of Is If You Ask Alot Of Them What Kind Of Fish They Were Catching?

I Think They Were Trout?

OK!

A slot at Strawberry is not the real shame.
The REAL shame at Strawberry is the ā€˜dumbing downā€™ of Utah anglers, by the DWR, to not allow us to fillet Kokes at the lake.
The excuse, by the DWR, is that an angler at Strawberry cannot tell the difference between a Cutt and a Koke.
What ever happened to good ole education?
Dear DWR, please let us at least be allowed to fillet Kokes as long as the skin is left on the fillets of Kokes.
Or, just keep us dumb I guess?
Sad.

Release of 17-22ā€ fish is a pretty common range for a catch and release fishery. Weird how they have lots of bigger fish.

I Agree!

They Admit There's Not Enough Rotenone In The World For Current Needs!

So You Can Only Guess The PRICE GOUGING That Would Happen With That!

I Say Let's Use Other Fish To Control JUNK Fish As Well!

And Yes I Understand Some Cutthroat Are Gonna Get Ate As Well!

I wished they used tiger muskies more to clean up rough fish I love catching them

Are You & Others Not Wondering Why There Are Not Very Many CUTTS Caught That'll Break The SLOT?

Then In Your Next Sentence You're Wondering Why The SLOT Isn't Being Broke Very Often!

If We Ever Get Out To Strawberry Mid-Day On A Calm Day I'll Show You Something That'll Blow Your Mind!

I'm Sure You'll Have Some Kind Of BS Excuse For It!

You Are Secluded From What It Use to Be Compared to What It Is Today!
When Strawberry was poisoned and replanted, the strategy to control chubs was the Bear Lake cutthroat, which were known to get big. Way over 22ā€ from what I remember (not an expert)

The common man, like myself naively assumed that once the cutthroatā€™s diet changed from mostly insects to minnows and whatever else, hopefully chubs, that these fish would grow to 5lbs and beyond. This is basically what we were being told by the DWR biologists and others. I canā€™t quote anyone on it but that is how I remember it. A 23ā€ fish should not be a rare occurrence.

In my mind a 5 or 6 year old fish should be 23ā€ assuming it has good habitat (again, not an expert)

I would like to think that they just get too smart and educated but they are a only a fish.

Having said all this, the best laid plans and intentions never seem to work out long term for big game or fishing no matter who comes with the idea

Last edited:
When Strawberry was poisoned and replanted, the strategy to control chubs was the Bear Lake cutthroat, which were known to get big. Way over 22ā€ from what I remember (not an expert)

The common man, like myself naively assumed that once the cutthroatā€™s diet changed from mostly insects to minnows and whatever else, hopefully chubs, that these fish would grow to 5lbs and beyond. This is basically what we were being told by the DWR biologists and others. I canā€™t quote anyone on it but that is how I remember it. A 23ā€ fish should not be a rare occurrence.

In my mind a 5 or 6 year old fish should be 23ā€ assuming it has good habitat (again, not an expert)

I would like to think that they just get too smart and educated but they are a only a fish.

Having said all this, the best laid plans and intentions never seem to work out long term for big game or fishing no matter who comes with the idea
The big fish get taken and hung on the wall at the gas station.

Several Years After They Poisoned Strawberry We Were Catching Some Big Fish For A Few Years!

Not Sure What All Happened?

KOKANEE Were Planted!

It Was NOT A 100% Kill On The CHUBS!

And Now There's More CHUBS In There Than Anybody Can Count!

I'm Sure It's A Combination Of Several Things!

Them Walleye Get A Good Start They'll Raise Hell With The CHUBS!

But They'll Also Raise Hell With Trout Species As Well!

Several Years After They Poisoned Strawberry We Were Catching Some Big Fish For A Few Years!

Not Sure What All Happened?

KOKANEE Were Planted!

It Was NOT A 100% Kill On The CHUBS!

And Now There's More CHUBS In There Than Anybody Can Count!

I'm Sure It's A Combination Of Several Things!

Them Walleye Get A Good Start They'll Raise Hell With The CHUBS!

But They'll Also Raise Hell With Trout Species As Well!
That was some great fishing for about five years. My Dad caught a 6 plus pound 25 inch rainbow and I caught a 24.5ā€ cutt plus 23ā€ rainbow. Wish I had better pictures of them

The real reason Strawberry does not grow lots of big fish anymore can be blamed on the year round season.
You want lots of big fish there you are going to have to give up ice season and go back to a June through Thanksgiving season.
You canā€™t have it both ways.
I know I would vote for the June-November season!

No way! Letā€™s assume what youā€™re saying is true (which Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m buying itā€¦adding more fish isnā€™t likely to increase the size, but have the opposite effect.)

But again, for sake of discussion and that is true, I would much rather catch 17-20 inch fish regularly and fish whenever I want than have a season and catch 19-23 inch fish regularly.

No way! Letā€™s assume what youā€™re saying is true (which Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m buying itā€¦adding more fish isnā€™t likely to increase the size, but have the opposite effect.)

But again, for sake of discussion and that is true, I would much rather catch 17-20 inch fish regularly and fish whenever I want than have a season and catch 19-23 inch fish regularly.
Just gotta follow the timeline when big fish started their decline= the start of year round fishing season.
I can appreciate you wanting to fish more but catch smaller fish, Iā€™m just saying we canā€™t have it both ways is all.

Having said all this, the best laid plans and intentions never seem to work out long term for big game or fishing no matter who comes with the
I Won't Argue With You MrShane!

But Can You Imagine What A CLUSTER Opening Day Would Be Now Compared To The Older Days?

HINT:

I Won't Be There If It Ever Happens Again!
If there are to many fish they wonā€™t grow,

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom