Wasatch Extended archery doe info!!!

• Thread starter tacticalbowhunter
  • Start date
T

tacticalbowhunter

I learned something today that i wanted to share. Right now utah gives you the chance to shoot either sex on the wasatch extended archery. But what you probably didnt know is that most hunters that are shooting the does are killing young doe's. The young doe's are the does that are haveing twins and tripplets. Also are more likley to have bucks. Once a doe reaches a certin age they are more likely to have female. I think they should do away with the either sex hunt and let the herd come back and get the buck to doe ratio back up. If you just want to kill something bring up a preditor call and bowhunt sog coyotes they have been killing alot of fawns. The coyotes up there go unchecked due to no firearms. So next time you draw back on a doe on the wasatch think about your next hunting season and that 200 inch buck to be, might just be in that doe's belly. Ha ha. Dont shoot young does!!!

the last few winters have been pretty tough on the deer. The herd is not in trouble but I would also like to see people practice some restraint from killing the does as well.

When the herd is at objective its a whole other story. I say kill what ever you want just not this year.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

Sorry to tell you guys this but the front is over objective and a huge problem for the division because the archers can't kill enough deer to get down to objective. There are aprox. 37 bucks per 100 does on the front so I think it is doing okay in that area.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Have you ever been to the Bountiful area??????
I must have seen 100 does last weekend up there. Someone needs to thin them out. I think 90% of the archers that hunt the front refuse to shoot a doe. Most of the people I meet are passing up small bucks. I don't think I would worry too much about it. The Ogden extended is buck only like it should be, but the wasatch has plenty-o-does.

The area I hunt had 8 bucks killed in a 7 day period this year. Those are just the ones that I know about. I think they are killing enough bucks.

I cant wait to hunt the extended next year!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

+1 Alpine-
If this is not the case then why is the DNR publishing this data. This hunt is set up to keep the herd #'s down.

Do you see the DWR cutting tags every time there is a new development built in there winter range? Better yet one bad winter and that will take care of your herd #s for you!!! Because you know they wont cut tag #s.

I am not going to take a doe this year. I am in it to shoot a buck. That season has passed, so I will call it a year.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom