Wasatch Moose Revisited

C

c5mrr270

I really appreciated the responses to my first thread and I have been given a lot of good information. I have been scouting quite a bit now and have seen a few bulls but nothing really big yet, so I was wondering if anybody scouting for deer or elk in the Wasatch area had run into any good bulls. Thanks again.

C5

I am also looking for a good bull....... The moose sure are scattered this year!!! A few more weeks and the bulls will be popping out everywhere!!!! (hopefully) :)

For how much I have been out and about on the wasatch I have seen very few moose and definitely nothing you want to tie your tag to. I keep hoping to see a good one and will certainly let people know when I do see one.

Good luck,

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Try the Mill Hollow area towards the top just before the current creek junction and down the lake creek side on the left if heading west towards Heber.
Seen moose in that area bulls and cows nothing to big but I'm not looking for moose just thought I would spread some info.

Thanks for the replies. I would have to agree that the moose are spreads out. All that snow and late thunder storms have left water in places that haven't had water in years. Hopefully they start showing up cuz I'm starting to get nervous. Thanks again.

Mike

I am telling you these animals are getting smart. Last weekend saw 18 different individuals in about 45 mins up east of Park City. The area is closed to hunting but it is fun to see them. One bull would be top 5 ever taken in the state.

Saw a group of 6 bulls last week off the top of Gaurdsman pass. 3 were really good bulls!

Traditional >>>------->

I'd have to say just the opposite about them being spread out. I have seen 12+ different bulls where I'm hunting for the opener. It's a pretty small area that they are concentrated in too. I have grown to hate the dang things. They dominate my salt that I put out. I have seen 2 bulls I'd shoot, but dont have trailcam pics of them.

Athens Archery Field Staff
SOP Hunting Gear Staff (PM me for a nice MM discount on Horn Hunter and Tarantula products)

12 bulls! That's amazing. I'd be more than willing to help lower the number of bulls in your area! Haha. Let me know. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

I'm getting s bit nervous also. We are finding bulls but I've only seen one I would tag at this point. My problem is that I have to miss the opener so I am going to use most my vacation on the second season and hope there is still a few good bulls around. It should be a fun hunt though and I did get a bit more encouraged this weekend on my scouting.

I know some people were out archery hunting this weekend and was wondering if there were any moose sightings. Thanks again.

C5

I've been scouting on the Wasatch more than ever before and have seem exactly 1 bull 2 cows and 1 calf.

I'm not looking FOR moose but I'm seeing tons of everything else. I'd see them if they were out and about. Maybe they're just holed up in the trees because of the hot weather.

They're either really scattered or really concentrated (where I'm not looking).

Good luck!

Zeke

C5-

I saw a very nice bull last Monday and I would be happy to share it's location. Give me a call tomorrow to discuss the details. It will require some boot leather to get to it.

Jason
801-766-5718

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help from everybody here. I tagged out on a pretty decent bull yesterday and best of all I got him with my brother and wife there. Thanks again.

Mike

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-11 AT 11:38PM (MST)[p]Trying but having technical difficulty with the phone.

9537rgfdtgrd.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom