Wasatch

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
As a non res can you buy an over the counter deer or elk tag for the wasatch?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-10 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]Yes, the archery elk is cow or spike only, but it is statewide and very fun, I believe you need to buy it before the hunt starts on Aug. 21st.

}}-SLIVER-->

Ive been so busy scouting my deer tag I havent even entered the wasatch yet. How are the odds of killing a cow?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

you can buy a any bull elk archery tag over the counter whenever you want. they never run out cause they know its like less than 10% of the people fill their tags.

Your odds are good, I have been successfull the last three years in a row killing a cow on the archery. It is a very fun hunt and I won't go back to the rifle spike hunt anytime soon, or ever. Anything west of strawberry res., and east of strawberry ridge is very accessable and loaded with elk. The bad part is that everybody else knows that, and so there are a lot of people who hunt there. Spend some time away from the roads and you'll do well. Also the end of the archery hunt is better than the beginning, as it is nearing the rut.
Hope this helps.

}}-SLIVER-->

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-10 AT 03:20PM (MST)[p]Around strawberry if you get off the roads you will get into elk. Shoot me a pm and I will give you some areas loaded with elk.

Archery is open quota so go buy a tag and have fun!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom