washington info

L

littlefoot

my son is up in the northern part fighting fire by lake chelan...i think it's called the 'pot peak' fire. i'm from wa. but never get up that way. heard it was very very steep country. you guys got any info...thanks

this is just a pic he sent me of a fire catching up with them in colorado

colorado_fire.jpg

Hey littlefoot....I was just up there last weekend and played some golf there in Chelan. All day long they were going over our heads with helicopters carrying large "bags" of water. They were all heading towards the NW part of the lake. From what I know (which sometimes ain't much) I can't think of any country up that way that is too steep. But then again, I don't know exactly were the fire is. Hopefully it's not too big and gets out of control.

I can't think of anywhere up in that country that is NOT steeeeep. Very rough country all the way up the lake. I'm not exactly sure where the fire is but I'm sure it is a bugger to get to.

I am with Shep. The little amount of time I have spent in that area was always looking straight up or down. Your son will be leaving you in the dust this fall with a summer of fighting fires in that country. Best cardio there is wearing a fire suit carrying 40 LBS of gear up and down all day. Best of luck to him.
Shane

littlefoot,

hey i am from the area, and i work in chelan. and i go up to the head of the lake a lot. that country is big and nasty. rocks, heavy timber in a lot of places, oh and the big deal its straight up and down. I will send you a pm so check your box. that fire started out and it was like 3 acres and they had 4 replellers and a hot shot crew, then it blew up for about 3 or 4 days grew to abou 1500 acres pulled everyone off, got a team in there and now have everyone back on.

Garrett

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom