Weekend "Hike"

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Went for a "hike" this weekend with a buddy thinking that I wouldn't be looking for sheds and thinking that I could get away with just carrying the day pack....man was I wrong.

Saw a few raghorns and one small 6x still carrying.
P4250006.jpg

I'm not a big fan of "ATL" pics but this one was easy to spot, was one of the first of the day, and was laying in the sand in a pretty cool position and spot...
IMG_0674.jpg

Brought the Z dog along and besides flushing mearns all day, she drank most of my water...
P4250009.jpg

Started to pick up a few and this was the first cache of horn that we made for the day.
IMG_0675.jpg

We finally had enough and decided to hit the trail and head back to the truck and home. At this point I was wishing for my pack frame but more than glad for the rope in my daypack.
P4260022.jpg

Here's a couple of weird nontypicals I found with a couple hundred yards of each other. I thought they were a set at first but now think that they are both right-side antlers off of two different bulls. Brothers or the same bull? I just can't decide.
IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

and finally...
IMG_0680.jpg

A nice haul for a weekend hike. Anyone else get out and pick a few up?
-Cody

Nice haul Cody.....We went up to the cabin this weekend but seems all i do is work.Did manage to go for a little hike.
And the lipstick hunter spoted this one.She took off running
towards it.I told her dont pick it up so I could take a pic.
She ran past it. And I said where you going?She said to find the other side.You go girl...

cabintripapril2509007.jpg

cabintripapril2509008.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom