weekend trip

elkmuzzleloader

Well I went down to loan my bow to a friend for the weekend. He has an apple orchard that the deer were feasting out of several times a day. My buddy asked me to bring down the bow so that he could harvest a deer since he did not draw this year. On my way down while crossing Hwy 380 I saw this goat standing about 100 yards off the road so I took a pic and thought I would share it with you.
As for the deer, after a short bow lesson on Friday afternoon the hunt began. No deer on Friday, Saturday brought in only one buck that was a large fork but before we could get close enough a fourwheeler went down the road and he was gone. Sunday was the day. A buck at first light came within 30 yards and my buddy took the shot. His very first shot with a bow and he hit a tree limb. About two hours later two more bucks come in to eat there share of apples and wouldn't you know it another fourwheeler drives by in the middle of our stock. At 1 pm a buck and two does come in for there mid afternoon snack. This buck is 30 yards out in the same place as the one at first light and my buddy makes the shot missing the tree branch this time. He had a blast learned to shoot a bow and got rid of a deer out of his orchard. I saw 6 bucks on Sunday with him and none were better than a fork. Of well a legal buck taken and some very good meat on the table and some of the best apples I have ever eaten saved from a deer. Sorry no pic as I left the camera in the truck that my dad took to town during hunt. My cousin has the bow now and is chasing one of those bucks as his first big game hunt ever.
7003a20100002.jpg

What do you think of the goat though?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom