Well No Chit?!

This has been my stomping grounds for the last 45 years. I’ve watched this area go from almost no elk and tons of deer to great elk hunting, and eventually to what it is today. The elk herd took a really big hit several years ago when CDOT built game fencing along highway 82 during the winter. This trapped a big number of the herd in their wintering grounds, making it difficult for them to return to their summer ranges. The following elk season left lots of hunters, including myself wondering what happened to all of the elk. The elk numbers are slowly recovering, but there’s several other contributing factors that are causing the decline in elk numbers in the Eagle herd. Without a doubt, predators are one of the biggest problems. I’m seeing way more lions and bear’s than I’ve ever seen in the past. Sooo, I guess we’ll see what adding a few wolves to the mix will do?

Yep same at my buddies place in Eagle.

Last year had 4 lions rolling around late night using their skate ramp in the backyard ?

The vail / eagle crowd think it’s wonderful.

Liberals and environmentalist perverting the word "conservation" and "conservationist".

Not surprised the DNR is making these statements since they are plagued with clueless progressive activist. But they shall be praised...

Ask JT how it worked for him speaking the truth. With more staff inside the DNR leaving due to the unrealistic morals being complimented.The replacements are flaming libtard environmentalist flying the Polis flag. Votes have immense consequences where in the instances of state agencies even the state legislatures are questioning the direction Polis is taking them.

Last edited:
Blue hair.Gunnison also on the young deer. But I mean ELK.The late seasons are impacting our elk also...And NO deer or Elk die in my hay field...pretty sad out there isn't it? I'm pretty damn negative right now.

I have hosted TWO free search and recovery parties so far this year. One was recovered and the other lost.

It’s pathetic what passes for a hunter these days. I can’t put my finger on exactly why, but it appears no matter how many Creedmoor’s you put in the hands of assholes you still can’t learn them to shoot.

PS - 100% of the deer were wounded with a plastic gun.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom