West Desert Vernon Rifle

lostatwork

Wow... after many unsuccessful years of drawing I finally got a successful draw. It has been many years sense I have been to Vernon unit and was hoping someone with recent experience could give me some pointers. Anything you have learned from the unit, good or bad would be great. I will be spending a lot of time scouting and would love to implement any of your expertise. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

That should be a real fun hunt. I haven't been out there in many years either, but I'm sure if you get out there for 5-6 days of scouting and cover lots of ground, you'll find bucks.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I had that hunt last year. My best advice is avoid opening weekend if you can. Not only are hunters piled in there but tons of people just camping and riding side by sides everywhere. Like ridiculous amounts of people. Tuesday on to the end of the hunt it calmed down and was much better. You will have no problem seeing deer. We saw more deer than we could count everyday. The difficult part was finding bucks that werent 4 by 3 or 4 by 2. Get as far away from the roads as you can and glass till your eyes fall out.

Congrats on the tag!
My daughter also drew this tag this year...
Unfortunately, that's as much info as I have about the unit;)
We'll be putting in some time for sure...

>I had that hunt last year.
>My best advice is avoid
>opening weekend if you can.
>Not only are hunters piled
>in there but tons of
>people just camping and riding
>side by sides everywhere. Like
>ridiculous amounts of people. Tuesday
>on to the end of
>the hunt it calmed down
>and was much better.
>You will have no problem
>seeing deer. We saw more
>deer than we could count
>everyday. The difficult part was
>finding bucks that werent 4
>by 3 or 4 by
>2. Get as far away
>from the roads as you
>can and glass till your
>eyes fall out.

I agree 100%. I wouldn't waste my time before about Tuesday. More friggin people than you can imagine on opening weekend. Some groups had 10-15 ATV's lined up like a parade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom