western Idaho/Montour WMA?

W

Wlfdg

I'm heading to southeastern Washington this week and was thinking of stopping at Montour WMA for a day. Maybe some bird or cottontail hunting.

Anyone form the area? Have any tips or suggestions?

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-08 AT 02:39PM (MST)[p]If your talking mid week it can be real good. Weekends are down right dangerous. "Richard" Cheneys all over the place.

Kicker

What day will you be there .Don't go if it is a Saturday or a Sunday God help you if you do.I think they plant birds on Tuesday and Thursday but don't count on it.and as far as cottontail I have seen that many.I don't know if you have hunted a WMA before but the time when you can start hunting is 10:00 AM.
The fish&game look for that.

I'll be there on Thursday.

10:00 a.m.? Are you kidding?

Are there any forest grouse? My dog can find them pretty easily that late in the morning.

What about Fox Squirrels?

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

Hey WLFDG
Just got my P C back.
I was not kidding about 10:00 AM.Also you must wear hunting orange at least a hat.No on your forest grouse and fox squirrels.
Montour is farm land. I have seen ducks and geese.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom