What can we do

S

spcheuvront

To All Arizona Sportsman;
This is not a subject that I want poeple to say why something can't be done but tell what sucesses they have had to encourage
others to fight the fight and improve conditions for wildlife.
I read on this forum that you can't fight " CITY HALL "
Well I am here to tell you that you can.
Case in point. Don Martin recently fought for a youth hunt
to remain during the december time frame, and with help from other sportsman, he was able to change the feelings of the commission. This hunt was brought back.
I agree that it is not easy, and you have to know your facts
and you have be ready to stand up for what you believe in.
I have made some changes over the years, but with a great deal of work and time invested. This is not about me, or to wave my own flag.
Hunts have been changed, policies have been modified, it can be done. Don't buy into the idea that we as sportsman are helpless.
Yes, you will fail sometimes, but don't give up.
There are many sportsman organizations out there, go to one of their meetings, help out at a water project, work on a fence removal, help cut down encroaching PJ, and on and on.
Get involved!
Steve Cheuvront

Steve I am definetly greatful for all the voluntary, and unselfish work you have done for ALL sportsman in this. I am proud to say I am your friend, as you are a friend to so many sportsman that don't even know who you are. I want to help carry the load and sacrafice like so many others have. Thanks again and look forward to working with you again!
Travis

Travis;
I thank you for the kind words, but this thread
is supposed to be for people to tell their success
story in working for wildlife to inspire others to get involved.
Guys there are so many ways to help, just get involved, please.
We are not here to condem you for not doing something, but to encourage you to try. I'll bet if you do you will get hooked
like some of us. We all realize that family comes first, and no one is keeping score, who does what. We aren't asking for money,
or a large commitment of your time.
Think about it, would you?
Steve Cheuvront

Sorry it took so long to reply but I was out Elk scouting. Not sure this is the type of response you were looking for but here goes. I am a life member of NRA, RMEF, AES and a yearly member of several other organizations. I donate to and attend many Banquets. I have had a Corporate table at AES for the last 4 years. Besides the money donations I have been on many habitat improvement projects over the years. I know I could do more to get involved on the political side .

Hey;
Thats what I'm looking for.
I don't expect folks to feel guility for what they could do more, but say what they are involved in to. It lets the other guys know helping out pays big dividends. Supporting the organizations help in a big way. You should see all the projects these good clubs support. Not just water holes, but youth camps,
fishing days, turkey hunts, javelina hunts, youth workshops, which by the way help the parents as much as the kids. They have committes that work on every phase of the outdoors. Like I've said many times, every body finds their piece of the pie and gets involved. I can't tell you how good it makes you feel
and every little bit helps. Gosh, I sound like a preacher, but really, think about it. Many of these activities are family oriented, so bring the whole gang, let you kids see what we
can pay back, for all the wounders the hills have given us all.
I'll shut up now cause I'm starting to get sappy, thanks for understanding.
Steve Cheuvront

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-09 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]Steve,
We have been out looking at water and taking pics of problems, I have also had a few people contact me about other broken drinkers. I would like to get some help from you on how to propose these fixes to AZGFD. I know we talked about it in Florence, but I never did get the contact info.

If anyone else out there has a few drinkers in need of work please PM me and we will get them on the list. I am sure hoping this can get done sooner rather than later.
Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Travis,
Boy I just wrote the answer and some how it erassed.
Well here we go again.
Travis thanks for following thru, I knew you would!
1st- you have identified a problem
broken water hole
2nd- you have taken pictures and have a GPS location of the site.
3rd-you have accurate information as to what the problem is exactly,. I.e. dry, no water, apron blown off, fence torn down and cattle are draining the water hole, etc. etc.
4th - notify the wildlife manager for that unit.
If you are unsure or plain don't know who it is call the regional office and they will tell you and give you their contact info. Sometimes the WM, is as unsure of what to do as you are, work with and don't demand anything.
5th- While you have the regional office on the line ask to speak to the regional supervisor. They are in charge of the whole region, most are very knowledgeable and eager to help.
Find out if there is an HPC ( Habitat Partnership Committee )
representing the area of question. The HPC are a group of people who work for a certain region or area to get funding for wildlife projects.
6th- Contact JOE CURRIE at the AZG&FD developement branch. Joe is a really good guy and the go to guy when you want info or help
with water projects. You will really like Joe, he is one of the good guys!
I'm sure I left something out but if I did , just ask and I will help all I can.
Steve Cheuvront

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom