What did everyone Draw this year?

oldmossback

LAST EDITED ON May-31-16 AT 07:27AM (MST)[p] So what's it looking like everyone drew this year? Deer, Elk, Moose. Goat,Sheep?

Ill start, Looks like the youngest boy (16yrs) Drew a 3rd season Buck tag. We also picked up a late season youth cow tag.

Hope everyone got what they wanted. Lots of green and plenty of water and run off this year, Horn growth is going to be awesome and with the later dates this year it should be good !!

Looking forward to seeing all your success photos on this site in the fall.

Wish I knew, when we put 3 choices down and all of them very drawable we have no clue. Was hoping today was the day guess not.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

LAST EDITED ON May-31-16 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]I drew a 3rd season deer tag, not sure if it was 1st or 2nd choice. Very soon we will know.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-16 AT 08:27AM (MST)[p]We should have...

Me: 1st season rifle bull in 81, archery deer in 105 and OTC archery cow.

Wife: 1st season bull 81

16 yr old son: 1st season bull 81 and archery deer 105.

Can't wait!

TM

My 78 year old father drew a cow tag for a December late cow hunt in Unit 10. So looks like I'll be playing guide for dad this year unless I draw anything good here at home in Calif. But honestly as long as he has a good time I couldn't care less that I don't have a tag.

You go to purchase a habitat stamp online, and if you get a 500 series code next to elk, deer, antelope, etc, you drew a tag. It won't say whether it was 1st or 2nd choice.

got 22 3rd deer and 81 antelope, still lots of draws left for me, 2 states for ant. 4 for deer 3 elk and 4 sheep I also have deer and elk for mont.deer in calif. archery blacktail open second sat. in july thats where I start, good luck.

>I drew a buck tag for
>Unit 44 4th Season.

WOW Thats the best buck in the state IMO. Res or Non? How many points? Please keep us posted.
Congrats and Good Luck

Drew unit 61 1st season bull tag with 12 resident points. Interesting draw this year. Last year it took 12 points but so many hunters applied for the new early season elk hunt (19 res pts to draw) that people drew 1st season with 9 pts this year. Very excited to finally draw this unit

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-16 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]>Drew unit 61 1st season bull
>tag with 12 resident points.
>Interesting draw this year. Last
>year it took 12 points
>but so many hunters applied
>for the new early season
>elk hunt (19 res pts
>to draw) that people drew
>1st season with 9 pts
>this year. Very excited to
>finally draw this unit

Congrats, FrontRange! I drew the same tag with 10 points. Are you going it alone or hiring a guide? I may be in need of a hunting partner.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-16
>AT 02:15?PM (MST)

>
>>Drew unit 61 1st season bull
>>tag with 12 resident points.
>>Interesting draw this year. Last
>>year it took 12 points
>>but so many hunters applied
>>for the new early season
>>elk hunt (19 res pts
>>to draw) that people drew
>>1st season with 9 pts
>>this year. Very excited to
>>finally draw this unit
>
>Congrats, FrontRange! I drew the
>same tag with 10 points.
> Are you going it
>alone or hiring a guide?
> I may be in
>need of a hunting partner.
>

No guide, I spent some time in unit 61 last summer and me and my hunting partner (sherpa this season) will be able to spend a couple of 5 day scouting trips this summer. There are several monster muley members that have hunted the unit and have been very helpful providing tips to me over the past year+. Fred even said he'd pack my bull out for me if I get lucky. Congratulations to you also, very step country once you get off the top.

Front Range and Denver Hunter, Check out Dominguez pack service. Also Weimer cow camp. They can pack your bull out for a decent fee. I hunted 1st season there in 2011 and they saved my butt on the pack out. Plus made some great memories with my son and I . Horses are amazing animals in that country.

Deer, elk, antelope and bear in Colorado for me this year. A good friend drew sheep which excites me more than any of my tags combined. We will see if wyo deer and antelope come through for me

>Front Range and Denver Hunter, Check
>out Dominguez pack service. Also
>Weimer cow camp. They
>can pack your bull out
>for a decent fee.
>I hunted 1st season there
>in 2011 and they saved
>my butt on the pack
>out. Plus made some great
>memories with my son and
>I . Horses are amazing
>animals in that country.

Thanks, I will make contact with them before the season in case Fred backs out of his pack-out offer.

>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-16
>>AT 02:15?PM (MST)

>>
>>>Drew unit 61 1st season bull
>>>tag with 12 resident points.
>>>Interesting draw this year. Last
>>>year it took 12 points
>>>but so many hunters applied
>No guide, I spent some time
>in unit 61 last summer
>and me and my hunting
>partner (sherpa this season) will
>be able to spend a
>couple of 5 day scouting
>trips this summer. There
>are several monster muley members
>that have hunted the unit
>and have been very helpful
>providing tips to me over
>the past year+. Fred
>even said he'd pack my
>bull out for me if
>I get lucky. Congratulations
>to you also, very step
>country once you get off
>the top.

Excellent plan. I won't be using a guide either.
I'm well behind the power curve though as I thought it would be a few years before I had a chance to draw. That new early season really was a blessing. Fortunately, I'll have plenty of time to scout and will also get into camp 4 or 5 days early.

Yes, very steep and challenging country. I've been hitting the workouts hard in anticipation.

>Front Range and Denver Hunter, Check
>out Dominguez pack service. Also
>Weimer cow camp. They
>can pack your bull out
>for a decent fee.
>I hunted 1st season there
>in 2011 and they saved
>my butt on the pack
>out. Plus made some great
>memories with my son and
>I . Horses are amazing
>animals in that country.

Thanks for the tip! I've used horses before and they are a god send.

12 NR deer pts......was sure I had a great chance at drawing 3rd season deer tag......but no luck.....I guess to many others cashed in their points this year.....anyway good luck to all that drew.

Unit 62 3rd season deer.
Pm me if you have any info on the unit you are willing to share. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-16 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]Unit 70 4th season with 12 points. I had pit in for 55 3rd but changed after the deadline. I am glad because only 1 of 17 with 12 drew on 55 and 4 of 11 drew in 70 both units had major point creep of about 3. I was worried with all the talk here about 55 and bailed at the last min

>35 fourth season with 18 NR
>points.

Gonna be a long hot summer with little rain by the extended forecasts I've seen. Remember they changed the rules this year, tags need to be surrendered 30 days prior to season for a no excuse point reinstatement.

>62 3rd season with 4 points
>for my boys and I.
> My cuz with 3
>did not draw.

Have u hunted this unit before? Maybe I will see u there.

Theox. No I haven't, have done some research and do know a couple people that have. So still getting info. We will definitely be there so yes, a good chance to meet up. PM me if you'd like.

>>35 fourth season with 18 NR
>>points.
>
>
>Gonna be a long hot summer
>with little rain by the
>extended forecasts I've seen. Remember
>they changed the rules this
>year, tags need to be
>surrendered 30 days prior to
>season for a no excuse
>point reinstatement.

LOL. They can't even predict the weather a week from now, so I am not basing my decisions on where to hunt based on a summer long range forecast. We are almost in mid june and there is still 188% of normal snowpack in the area of 35, so moisture for the high country still looks pretty good for awhile. Good luck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)