What did you do with last years sheds?

SHEDYGAGA

These are some of "last years" (spring 2012) match sets.
I got a little bored this summer.

This first set of pics is my sons room.
8277picture_006w.jpg

9979img_3518w.jpg

I actually have two more match sets that are in that room, just no pics of them yet.

Now, how often do you find a match set laying next to each other, they are brown, they are big, they are buried in the snow, and you have the presence of mind to take pictures before you pick them up?
54313way.jpg

Its hard to tell in the pic, but the front photo is of both antlers as they laid in the snow.
The left side of the box has a pic of the left antler as it laid.
and the right side is the ATL of the right side.

2258picture_011w.jpg

You may not realize it from this photo, but those are the sheds off the same buck two years in a row. This years sheds on the skull, and last years set on hanging below.
1862picture_029-1.jpg

You can see in this pic, that the year before, he had a little accident on his right side main beam, and this year he grew a little fourth on one side.

670picture_008.jpg

This set is missing a few pieces of the display.
You are supposed to set a shed antler on the glass top, and fill the opening in the upside down pyramid with sheds as well.

9395img_3517w.jpg

Then there is the wheel of sheds.
none of the sheds here are attached by anything other than friction, they can be removed and fondled and replaced.

I am currently building a gun cabinet unlike any other gun cabinet you have seen. Its going to have shed antlers and match sets incorporated into it. I started this fall, but ran out of time, Now it will have to wait until after shed season to resume.

400, those are all sheds mounted on the mountain mikes skull master fake skulls.
I have a thing about mounting all match sets.
Even the small ones.
They are just so much easier to display nicely, on a skull.
The past couple years that guy at mountain mikes has made a small fortune off me.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-12 AT 06:13PM (MST)[p]I love that pedestal with the pictures on it. You do awesome work!

Yelum, you just need to go for a ride with us on friday.
We can talk all day.
Should be fun with all the new snow.
The wingnut works too much, I dont think he will go, but Shane and I are gonna take a ride as long as the weather co-operates.

Also, ZZ Ward is coming to salt lake in February, that is going to mess with scouting a bit, but she is soooooo worth it.

Some cool displays there. I like the ones with the pics of the sheds in the base. I too have given mtn mike a nice chunk of change the last few years.

Very creative work! Looks like you got after it pretty good. When you finish the gun cabinet, please post some pics up for us.

I sold my last years sheds but after this post I might keep some and make some cool stuff as well.

Those look awesome

here is what i did with some of mine,it was hard to drill holes in these great sheds but they look awesome in the house.

8572dsc_0118.jpg

9658img_20120303_164523.jpg

9636img_20120322_191421.jpg

Very cool displays. I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how to dislpay my sheds, particularly elk sheds. Have you done any or have any good ideas?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom