What hunt

theox

Very Active Member
So there is nothing interesting going on here lately and so thought I would get a new thread going.

What are your dream hunts? Alaskan musk ox? Canada for moose or caribou? Mexico mule deer? Arizona strip mule deer? San Juan elk? Gila elk? Unit 10 elk? Africa? Etc

I would love to hunt moose in Alaska but I think if I had to choose a hunt it would be a tag for the Henry's mule deer or Arizona strip mule deer. I have a hard on for mule deer and I think that would be awesome!
And for an exotic. I would love to hunt a Himalayan ibex they are wicked cool. Maybe throw in a unit 9 elk tag for az!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-16 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]If I could only choose one dream North American hunt it would be the Arizona Desert Bighorn Raffle Tag.

For an exotic it would be an Altai Argali.

muley, i might chip in a little gas money... ;-)

Seems most of my adult life, without fail i've been putting for Desert Sheep here in Kali. I'm in no kind of shape to do a hunt like that right but i'd still love to draw out and go.

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

I have been very lucky! I have been on and going on dream hunts that a few years ago I didn't think could ever happen.

I used to have a goal of getting all N.A.'s 29, since realized that isn't going to happen for me (not nearly enough money will ever be in my account) So I changed and still want to get many of them but lean towards more hunts I can do with my Dad. We have our 3rd AK moose hunt this fall! Super excited :D We are planning a hunt on Kodiak next year for deer and caribou with some fishing!

In a couple years I am trying to set up a trip to go to AK with my Dad and daughters for a float fishing trip out of bethel.

a List of animals that I want to get yet and still think I can is Mnt goat, musk ox, lion, and any 1 of the 4 sheep.

However I have learned you can only hunt 1 season at a time :) so no use getting too excited about future hunts when I still have this fall :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

TheOx, I think your choices hit the nail on the head. The only thing I'd add is a Kodiak Brown Bear hunt.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

At my age, every hunt i go on is a dream hunt. But my son in law and i are going to Alaska in 2017 for a Moose and fishing trip!

My dream hunt is a rocky mountain bighorn, stone sheep, or dall sheep. I have already killed a desert bighorn. It is one of my many hunting dreams to complete the sheep grand slam or whatever it's called. Fortunately, I have heard I already killed the hardest sheep to draw out of the four.

Have both mule deer and whitetail, antelope, and elk already this year, in several states. Waiting on about 30 more draws in six states for other tags.

Have hunted sheep, goat, and moose already and killed 88 animals in 5 trips to Africa. I am so far ahead of what my expectations had been as a young man, I could quit tomorrow and be satisfied. But I won't, I'll keep hunting until I can't walk anymore!

I spent about 3 weeks in Kazhakstan and saw many of the mounted sheep and goat species. I'd have to say a big 40" Ibex is my dream

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-16 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]This might sound strange, but I have always had more fun and have felt that general season tags are more rewarding than LE tags. My dream would be to work hard in a general unit with my brother and dad and all come out with 180 + bucks. That would be awesome.

Colorado Shira's for sure..Yukon Moose and a Kodiak brown Bear...Any of the Sheep sub species! Pretty simple really lol

That's a definite bucket list trip that everyone who enjoys wingshooting should try to do at least once. It is incredible.

>how about an Argentinian dove hunt?
>:)

+1 on this!!

My dream hunt would be a moose/caribou/dall sheep combo.

WOW, this opens up a whole list of opportunities. Love the hunt mule deer, so a Henrys tag with goal to kill a 200"er.

A Missouri River breaks sheep tag, goal to kill a 190+ ram.

Another dove hunt to Argentina with goal to kill 1000 dove in 1 day.

An Argali sheep in Mongolia, won't be picky, either a Altay or Hangay.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

So...is it a dream hunt if you go and it doesn't turn out as planned?

I've been fortunate to have been on many "dream hunts", but not every one ended the way I had hoped.

A successful Stone Sheep hunt is ultimate for me. (right now)

A antelope Island tag!! jk.. A Henry's mountain tag has always been my dream hunt or a governor tag for deer in Idaho

>So...is it a dream hunt if
>you go and it doesn't
>turn out as planned?
>
>I've been fortunate to have been
>on many "dream hunts", but
>not every one ended the
>way I had hoped.
>
>A successful Stone Sheep hunt is
>ultimate for me. (right
>now)

I don't have the answer to your question but I suspect that everyone is generally referring to a SUCCESSFUL hunt...but not always.

We both know that some of the "glam" hunts turn out far differently than planned. The definition of success also different from person to person also.

If I could have my wish, I'd wish a Stone sheep for you!

Zeke

Muley 75, I just memorized all of the Middle East countries and know exactly where you are going. I'll bet you're excited. "Just livin' the dream" - Right? I'd just settle for one more crack at the Paunsaugunt. Little chance at that, but who knows.

I'm excited for you.

One that I can actually "hunt". Where I can go into an area and see everything that lives there and how they live together; and not just spend a few hours or days, but weeks and months.

That's a tought question, there are so many options, but ide have to say a fly in 10-14 day moose hunt in the brooks range, or a Idaho Mule Deer Supertag. I wouldn't complain one bit having either one.

My dream hunt is a limited entry elk hunt in Utah (15 points and waiting).

No really, I want to hunt caribou with my bow in Quebec during the migrations. It just sounds fun. My wife does not hunt, but she wants to go hunting in Alaska for moose with me at some point.

I just changed jobs so I am not going to get to hunt very much of anything this year unfortunately. But, in the long run I will have more leave time and money than I did at my last position.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom