What kind of dies???

R

RANGERCON

To all the reloaders here at MM. What kind of dies do you guys use??

Me?? Forster BR's. Have used Redding and RCBS and they are good too. But, the Forsters seem to rock!! Anybody use a runout guage???

rcbs, pacific, redding, CH's. never had much trouble with any of em. had some years ago for a .264 that flat wouldn't work. horible dies. can't remember what brand they even were. in a blue hard plastic box. i remember when i was a kid my ol' man hell with a couple different .270 dies. seems like rcbs. never used forster's, but i'm just a hillbilly.

My next brand may be Redding Competiton dies, with the collets.

I have not used these before, but many BR shooters seem to like them. They claim they can load rounds with "0" runout. Gotta like that!!!

RANGERCON, I have both Redding and RCBS. No major complaints about either. A small gripe about Redding though, is the knurled screw type locking. I think they are a higher quality die than RCBS, but I do like the positive screw and nut settings of RCBS. have loaded great ammo with both. mtmuley

RCBS for all my dies.
Never tried any others and have never had a problem with mine in over 13 years.
Best,
Jerry

I have used RCBS for the past 25 years and I love them. no problem with loading accurate consistant ammo in approx. 8 rifle calibers. For pistol loading I use a Dillon 550 press and Dillon dies.
I live about 30 miles from where Fred Huntington founded RCBS dies and most people around here use their dies and buy direct from the store.

RELH

strictly rcbs for everything. doubt they're any better or worse than anything else. but they're what my dad used when i was still a little brat learning to reload, so they're what i use.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom