What Press

HuntinFool

I am going to start to reload for my .338 lapua. I am fairly new to reloading, but I have a lot of people around me that do it. I don't need anything fancy, just a press that will last and produce quality bullets.

I been reloading for about 3 yrs now I found my press on Craig list it is a rcbs single stage it works good for me

I would also go with RCBS. If you need more then the press to get started, Midsouth Shooters is offering the RCBS master kit for $289.00. It includes the Rockchucker press, powder measure, scale, handprimer tool, case lube and pad, cartidge reloading tray, reloading manuel. All you will need to get would be the dies & shell holder in the caliber you wish to reload.

I still have my RCBS Rockchucker press and powder measure and scale that I purchased over 30 years ago and it still loads very accurate rifle ammo for me. They will replace any broken part for life, but the odds are very great that you will never need to use their warranty service.

RELH

The Rockchucker is a decent press. I have had mine for 20 or so years. I also have a Redding Ultra Mag press. It is definitely the next step up. I like the greater leverage it offers when FL sizing some of the bigger cases like the 338 LM. Just bolt it to a sturdy bench and you are good to go .

Rockchucker mounted to a sturdy bench will do you fine.

Do you have Lapua dies yet? I happen to have two sets i'm looking to sell one of them..never used Redding custom comp bushing dies with a .365 bushing. $300

It seems if you watch. You can always find a used set up for sale. If not Cabelas has the RCBS set up on sale. Any of the name brand stuff will get you started. My dad started me reloading straight case pistol, rifle rounds and shot gun shells when I was twelve.As you get into it more you will learn what you like. I was very lucky to start with a Hollywood press with a turret on top . I can leave several dies set ups on top and not have to pull and set up dies ever time. Powder measures are another thing. But the little scales are ok to start with. Have fun with it, you may be doing it for the rest of your life. ;-)

I did it with my grandpa until he passed away, but now I have very little time to go over to my cousins and uncles houses to reload, so I end up buying factory ammo. I am really looking forward to getting back into it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom