What species is this ?????????

Hard to tell by the grainy picture, but looking at the back end of that of doe I would say its a whitetail. am i right?

>Hard to tell by the grainy
>picture, but looking at the
>back end of that of
>doe I would say its
>a whitetail. am i
>right?

my guess too ^

Definitely a white tail, last I checked mule deer don't have 10 inch tails. Just left game and fish Albuquerque to confirm the officer said " YES SIR THATS A WHITE TAIL "he grew up back east. I'll post another pic shortly.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-16 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]Yes sir Vini , fourth one . I saw two on isleta res bosque also.

They are starting to pop up in very random areas!!!
We found a buck and two does in a VERY unusual area this year.

Don't ask though because he had drop tines and I wanna go kill him :D

>They are starting to pop up
>in very random areas!!!
>We found a buck and two
>does in a VERY unusual
>area this year.
>
>Don't ask though because he had
>drop tines and I wanna
>go kill him :D

Hahahahaha very understandable. Game and fish is sending the pics to Santa Fe for the first documented sighting in the area ,closest was edgewood and they were bucks these being the first does.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-16 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/212620160123951048052.jpg
Another pic for ya sorry bout quality.Game and fish is sending the pics to Santa Fe for the first documented sighting in the area ,closest was edgewood and they were bucks these being the first does.

>Very interesting.
>
>Funny thing is, a week and
>a half ago I saw
>a group of muleys in
>Canadian, TX.

Not unusual to see mule deer around Canadian. Plenty of them around there. It's a cool area.

>>We've got them in Taos too!
>>
>
>You don't have pics elk sniper
>???????? What the heck haha
>

Was on my way to one of my classes at UNM-Taos one day and saw some deer. To my surprise they were whitetails! A small spike/fork buck and a doe. I have heard of people also seeing some by the golf course and other places in town. Wish I would have gotten better pics of them but you can definitely tell by their tails.

9804image.jpg

6949image.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-16 AT 05:30AM (MST)[p]Nice pics fellas. On gonna go put up a game cam, maybe next week I'll have more!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-16 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]Saw the first ones ever 15 years ago off the highway between Chilili and Tajique. That's in the mountain east of Albuquerque. My buddy killed a huge ten point off that same highway 8 years ago.

I found 2 sheds (same side, so different deer) from Manzanos that at the time I just figured were somewhat unique mule deer sheds, but after reading this thread I'm certain they are from whitetail.

Very, very interesting.

Carl

>I found 2 sheds (same side,
>so different deer) from Manzanos
>that at the time I
>just figured were somewhat unique
>mule deer sheds, but after
>reading this thread I'm certain
>they are from whitetail.
>
>Very, very interesting.
>
>Carl

They very well may be my friend .

They were literally in town. Had to pull a U-turn to go verify they were muleys, as I knew something was different about them.

Speaking of Whitetail sightings in NM. I spent 8 years of my childhood near Sacramento, NM in the 50's, we used to see whitetails frequently in that area. I'd be curious to know if they are still in that area.

I don't recall exactly where this was, but back in 2009 I took photos of 2 whitetail does in unit 34 right next to the highway. This is one of them.

Carl

1137whitetail.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom