What the.... PP ???

P

PredHunter

I bought the 30 dollar PP in 2008 thinking I would have 1 PP going into the draw of 09 I did not draw and found out later that it wasn't applied until November of '09 So then, I should have two PP correct. My PP totals just say one?? Does WY not give PP'd when you are unsuccessful? or should I call G&F? Thanks
BTW the PP purchase is a JOKE just another way to make another 30 dollars for the state.

When you applied in 09 you needed to apply for the tag PLUS a PP. It is possible, and it sounds like it happened, that you applied for the tag without the PP fee.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

if you didn't buy the hunt code (+point) option when applying, and didn't buy one after not drawing (july-august) then you would not have acquired one in 09 in any way.

Yep, I had af riend that applied but didn't do the PP option so he didn't get a PP for last year. That may be what you did.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-10 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]"BTW the PP purchase is a JOKE just another way to make another 30 dollars for the state."

AZ is over $150
UT is close to $150
OR is close to $150

$30 is cheap.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-10 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-10 AT 09:23 PM (MST)

Pred, next time, if you are unclear on anything, ask. many here will help you get it all figured out. WY can be confusing but once figured out, it's figured out.

In short, you apply for a Big Game tag and you have the option to add $$ and get a PP if you are unsuccessful in that draw.
You can also choose NOT to add the $$ at the time of the application and if unsuccessful, apply for a PP during a separate "PP purchase only" time period (July-Sept). This "PP only" time period is for the purchase of a PP only and is not a tag draw of any kind. It also is not available to you if you were successful in the draw, or if you added the PP money when applying for a tag. You can't get 2 points in one year. They did this to streamline the process for those who wanted to forgo the draw and purchase a PP only.

wybhtn - nice post.

Yeah it can be a little confusing but after you get it figured out Wyoming has a pretty good system. Its expensive to play the game but as has been pointed out its still cheaper than most states. Add Nevada to the list. My Deer, Elk, and Antelope points cost me $120 on Wyo. and over $200 in Nevada. Good luck. Chip

You'll have to excuse wybhtn-he kinda takes pride in being an instigater.Likes to start crap,and then quietly back away...

If you purchased a point in 2008 it should have been applied to the 2009 drawing. If you didn't draw a tag it could have been because it took more than one point to draw, there was an error on your application and it was rejected or the WY Game & Fish just screwed up.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom