WHAT TO DO WITH A 338?

StickFlinger

I have a browning 338 win mag I won at a RMEF banquet. It is still new in the box. I don't think I'll ever shoot it,(i love my 300 short mag). What would you do with it? Keep it in the box as a collector gun, Put a scope on it and use it, or just sale it. It is difficult to get rid of any gun. Your thoughts please.

I believe the 338 win mag would be a great next gun for me personally because i don't own a 300 mag type round and with the 338, wouldn't ever need one!

As far as what you should do with it, if you don't need the money, give it to me! Just kidding...it is always hard to sell a gun if you don't need to though, even if you do, and i'd not recommend it unless pressing obligations warrant it.

Congrats on being the lucky winner!! Perhaps next year, you'll win a Alaskan Brown Bear hunt :)

Joey

I don't know what collector value that it would have. If it were me I would scope it and shoot it. The 338 win mag is a great caliber.

Shoot it until your shoulder begs for mercy.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

Ever sold a gun and regretted it???? I have. And have sworn to never do it again. I do trade though.

I bought my .338 Browning A-bolt in 89. I've shot elk, bear, deer and antelope with it.

And compared to a 7mm Rem Mag (same case) the recoil is a big push rather than a jolt.

KEEP IT!!!!!!

Dail the WSM in with 150/165 grain bullets and use it for deer/antelope. Shoot your first elk with the .338 and you'll never go back.

I LOVE MY .338.......GREAT ROUND FOR ELK, MOOSE, BEAR,...OR TO TAKE ON A AFRICAN SAFARI. ITS BEEN GREAT HOG MEDICINE RIGHT HERE WHERE I LIVE TOO. DROPPED A CHARGING SOW AT 8-10 FEET THRU THE CHEST.........LOVE THE ROUND........YD.

Keep it, my personal favorite caliber. I put a muzzlebreak on my .338 and it took most of the kick out... Knocks elk down, one shot wonder.

You guys convinced me to keep the gun I will scope it soon. Another problem just arose I just won me a 300 Browning Ultra Mag. Now what?

What kind of problem is that. I would love to have your problems. Scope that gun and shoot it. I would also advise putting in for sheep tags and the lottery with your good luck.

As for luck, I could of bought 10 guns for what I donated to the causes over the years. But it is nice to finally cash in once in awhile. Now if I could only win the gun safe.

It does feel nice to win once in awhile. Have fun shooting the 300 ultra mag and I hope you win a gun safe. Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom