What weapon do you hunt with?

I

idahoelkinstructor

I am still new to MM but I want to find out what makes up most of the members here a MM. So out of fun I am wondering. Do you rifle hunt, archery hunt, black powder, maybe a bit off all or strictly just one? In addition what is your favorite animala to hunt. Also what state do you live in and what states do you hunt? Last but not least how did you come up with your screen name. Of course I'll go first and here are my answers to my own questions.

I like to mostly archery hunt, but I also like to rifle hunt from time to time.
My favorite animal to hunt is the elk.
I live and hunt in Idaho but wish I could have the time and afford to hunt several western stats for elk.
I came up with my name because I live in Idaho, like to elk hunt and I am a archery education instructor.

DSC03091.jpg

Like to hunt elk and deer
Live in AZ.
Will hunt as many states as I can.
Went to school to be a Chef (CIA '94)

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Weapon, depends on what I'm huntin. What do I hunt, I apply in 10 states every year for about anything that moves. I aint picky, just love to hunt.

I hunt with rifle and compound bow.
I'll choose archery over rifle anytime, but I usually hunt rifle so I can be with family. My Dad and Uncle's don't archery hunt and I only have a few years left to hunt with family before they pass on. They're all 30-35 years older than me.

PSE bow
30-06 rifle
A3dhunter

300 WSM Browning Rifle but soon getting a bow
Like hunting elk deer and mountain goat
Hunt in British Columbia mainly, every few years go to Alberta for mule deer.
Came up with 150fighter because my first mule deer scored 150 and was a fighter and had many scars on his face.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-05 AT 06:21PM (MST)[p]I'm a rifle hunter. Mostly blacktail, with some mule deer and antelope. My favorite is antelope. I used to live and breath waterfowl hunting though. Ive hunted Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, and New Mexico.

I live in Cali, the extreme NW corner.

Thinking of switching to hunting turtles exclusively. With a .460 Weatherby of course.

This explains my screen name;

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/6704.html

Steve

Archery mostly
Mathews Legacy
Do love my .300RUM, and thinking of getting a strickly deer gun.
Also love my Benelli SBE, waterfowling rules me once all my big game tags are gone.

Hunt Utah mainly, but will hunt where I can get a tag. This year, Utah, Wyoming, and Arizona. Drew a Nevada, but turned it down, to many hunts.

BIGOLMULEY, cuz' I wish to shoot one someday.

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

I hunt elk with my bow, rifle for deer in regards to my family. the young ones are almost ready to hunt and my father and i can still share are time together. My favorite is elk. I have a WSM 270 and a PSE. My friends call me Clyde due to the fact my grandfather name is clyde Barrow. No im not related to the bank robber. Just a coincidence. I live in western washington.

my truck

just kidding:) i hate seeing anything on the road dead

archery elk [mathews]
rifle deer [depends on where im at but usually a 270 featherweight]
definately waterfowl when the big game is done
also with a benelli
and pretty much any unsuspecting critter that moves breaths and bleeds in season.

This is my weapon of choice this year! 243 tikka with leupold var x III 4.5 X 14 30mm tube long range' Shoot 5 shots in the same hole after being glass bedded.

439bb29162abea02.jpg

Live in the Redwoods and Grapes.

Use a Browning SS Stalker .280 and a pre-Japan .300 Weatherby Mag. Go where ever I can draw tags in the Western States.

But "eelgrass" & I are talking about trying our luck with a giant Turtle Trap that should get us some game in the Ruby's.

Brian

Hunt archery for elk muleys antelope and yet to take a bear with my bow. But do use a rifle.
Strictly horn hunt for mulies with my bow. Hunt with my wife daughter and son. Since son turned of age wife and daughter let me take him now.
Favorite is bears. Love hunting them here in Idaho.
Strictly hunt Idaho. Have had no problem with harvesting animals here.Put alot of time in on my muley hunting. Have harvested a couple nice ones with my bow.
Nick is from: I am a siding sub contractor so hence- supersider34. 34 was my age a few years ago.
fca2e9e9.jpg

1. I will hunt with any weapon, it they had a spear hunt, I would hunt it, give me an opportunity I'll hunt it.
2. So. Utah.
3. I live out in the middle of BFE. Hunt there too.
4. Muleys, & Trophy Jackrabbits.

I stick strictly to Bow hunting. I shoot PSE. Rifle hunt with the wife, but let her pack the fire-stick.
Hunt: Muleys, Elk, Waterfowl, Upland game birds. You name it and I am there for sure. Yet to hunt Moose, Antelope, and lots of other big game. I've got lots of hopes, wishes, and wants though so maybe someday the list will be longer!!!
redelkarcher>>>-------------------->

From Arizona so you tend to learn to hunt with any weapon. Because you can't draw to many rifle tags. I put in 4 states and usually draw 1 tag. I will put in for rifle, bow and muzzleloader tags.

I live in Mississippi. This year I've hunted Nevada (deer), Kansas, Georgia, and Mississippi. I have hunted Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Colorado.

My current lineup:

Matthews SQ2
Knight Disc
H&R .38-55 (now legal in Mississippi as primitive weapon)
Weatherby .270 Magnum Accumark
Occasionally use .270 BAR

I mainly archery hunt, (use a pse polaris bow with easton carbon excel arrows and thunderhead 100g broadheads), with rifle hunting wen i get my draw tags( use a Ruger 7mm Rem. Mag. Stainless steel). Favorite animal is definitely muleys, with whitetails a close second. I live and hunt in alberta, and got my name from one of my hunting buddies

Warren,

I noticed that you said you have a .38-55 H&R, how do you like it?? A friend gave me a Winchester Model 94 Limited Addition in .38-55 and I still have not fired it.
Probably close to 30 years old now and it is still in the original box and in safe. Bought two boxes of shells but that is all I have done.

Brian

Obviously by the name I archery hunt. But also being from AZ I will hunt with whatever it takes to get a tag. I have taken deer with a bow and rifle, and have taken javelina with a handgun and a bow. I strictly apply for archery elk though. I like to hunt at least 1 other state a year and will usually try to hunt that state rifle. This is what I currently hunt with;

Parker bow
Lazz/Sav. Patriot .308

most deer get a knight disc. I sort of went overboard and used a 30-378w. on a cow elk last saturday.

I try to hunt anything and everything I can. :)

Ruger 7mm Rem Mag
.270 Remington
.243 Remington
Matthews Switchback
12 Gauge Remington 11-87 Super Magnum 3 1/2"

Now if you'll excuse me, the seasons are coming to an end and I need to go cry some more!

Lien2

I shoot a crossbow here in MN but I love to rifle hunt. I'll hunt any western big game I can draw a tag for but have no interest in bears and cats.

Just bowhunting for me, although I have been thinking of trying out the muzzleloader hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom