What Will He Score - Revisited

Whitedeer

I posted a couple of pictures on here a month or so ago of a whitetail that was prowling my grandma's farm. I was lucky enough to take him yesterday with a crossbow from about 25 yards. I am proud to say that I misjudged him in my previous message. I had guessed him at around 145 inches, and I missed that mark by about 10 inches....on the good side. I measured him this morning at 155 1/8 gross. Here are a couple of pictures of my buck.

4af324be07409eb4.jpg

4af324f4081c83d5.jpg

He is my biggest whitetail buck to date, and I couldn't be prouder of having been able to keep tabs on this buck through the late summer and early fall....and then top it off by actually getting to harvest him with a crossbow. This is the second deer for this crossbow since Texas legalized their use in the archery season. My daughter Merrit took her first deer ever....a young nine pointer....with the same crossbow, and it can be seen in another post labelled "My Daughter's First Buck".

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a successful season like me and my daughter.

Nice buck congrats, ground growage is always a plus :)

congrats on a great deer. it's great to see some preseason scouting lead to a harvest.

well done.

mshred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom