What would you do???

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Ok, if you were to make a deal with a total stranger to show them around an area and teach them a few of your tricks in exchange for say, a landowner voucher, and then they don't come through on their end of the deal, what would you do? I know full well that they will be back again this year and I'm none too happy about it!

I don't know what I would do, But what I would have done was had the voucher in my hand before I showed them anything...

Too bad you can't trust poeple these days.

chalk it up to a life lesson. Its not worth getting in any trouble over. "Trust but varify" Ronald Reagan

I'd scream his name and everything about him all over every hunting forum website i could find so that noone else falls under the same pretense!!

What a cheap arse!!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Confront him about. Tell him what a loser he is. Then beat the sh@t out of him!

You should brutally murder him, his wife, his kids, and his dog. That would set an example for anyone else that might think of trying that. My sarcasm is pretty thick - and meant to be. Seriously, try not to deal with people like this, it takes too much out of you.

I'd go down to the hoe-tell where he's stay'n 'an pinch one off on the hood of his truck.

ELK.........that would be serious humor right there.....only thing funnier would be if the dude was in the truck! Sick as it is I'm still gigglin'.

A guy bought a Suburban from my cousin and refused to pay the last $500 he owed...dumb cousin gave him the title and trusted him for the $500. Anyway, cousin had a spare key so we put 9 geese in the Sub, after feeding them a dozen watermelons, cantalopes and a 2 pounds of pork fat.

The guy was a security guard and gone 2 days at a time......we let the geese out after 1 day and an overnight....they were still hungry and they liked all the knobs, seat foam, headliner, etc.

"Redneck Revenge", ya' gotta' love it!

Cookie, Did not make a deal like you, but it went close to this. Guy and his girl friend actually rented horses and were sitting along trail (2 miles in) waiting until we rode by on opening morning. Tried to chat us up about how they knew we killed elk every year but to one responded. Followed us to "our" canyon and tried to tie up next to me. I told them we had the canyon pretty well covered and they should find some place else. Well they rode off in the dark, and I saw them at light less then 100yds away. The guy shot a bull literally as it ran between us and he was aiming my direction. I ducked because it was that close. I walked over after it was down and they were standing around it not knowing what to do. I just flat told them that would be the last elk they killed off from us even if it meant none of us killed a bull. They asked what I meant by that and I put it in plain english "Any one of us will give up our hunt to make sure we scare any elk away from you if you are even seen". They were still standing around looking at the bull eight hours later and still had not gutted it. Well we never saw them again ever, but we would have given up our hunt to make sure they did not mooch off from us. Were not ground hogs, but at least try to hide you are a parasitic mooch.

I would make sure that everybody knew what a snake and a looser this jerk is... Then... When he showed up in the area that I gave him the information on I would bring everybody I could and I think we would start having target practice withour rifles and maybe even bring a box of clay targets and hone our shotgun skills with some trap shooting.. Deer and elk are not real crazy about lots of shooting when they are not used to it.. Bottomline I would do everything I could to f##k up his hunt even if it ruined mine.. I don't think much of people that make deals and have no intention of holding up their end of the bargin.. Like my Dad always said.. "someone screws you over,
Pay em back 10 fold..." and boy did he ever mean it.. Like dleonard said try to avoid people like this because it really does take to much out of you but... sometimes it happens..

Jim

Hey Cookie I guess we are going to have to do a little coyote and fox hunting in there this winter to run everything out of the country !!!! You know as well as I do there are alot of critters that need to die.

I've already thought of some of the most hideous revenges that could be thought of also, but I think all I will end up doing is confronting him everytime I see him! I haven't seen him here in a long time but when I do my response will always be...Where's the tag? It wouldn't be so bad as I bought one in my favorite area (not where his tag was for) but I had promissed my mom that I had an elk hunt for her! She can't draw out and was SO excited to be going. There may be more repercussions for him but I better not give evidence of premeditation!!!!

I did a swap with a guy. I gave him a hunting pup in trade for a hunt on the Yellowstone River for Pheasants and Deer. He disappeared when it was my time to hunt. He is a Gym Coach in Montana lives on the Yellowstone River east of Billings owns a Ranch. Name is Cole I think! His brother who took the dog lives in Rock Springs and runs a Pheasant Ranch and he is a Rock Mason. Anyone know him? That is what I would do.
Tell them thanks for my hunt. If someone knows them tell them to come clean.
Rut

I thought about doing that too but I thought maybe the explanation was valid. I e-mailed with a month to go till the hunt and he passed the buck to his buddy who also came on the hunt and he said the game dept. had cut his tags by 2. All of the others were already contracted out and he was trying to find one he could buy off a neighbor. That's the last I heard from any of them. I guess live and learn, but my Q is, what would you do if you saw them up there this year? I have a serious long range gun and could quite effectively make sure they never see a thing!

It kind of sound like they promised a little more than they were able to fulfill. Maybe they didn't mean to deceive you but they did in the end. You may just have to let it go. No use wasting any more time over them at all, not even to spoil their hunt. It will just get you worked up that much more and in the end you may end up doing something that is a lot more unethical than they did and for what? If it were me, I would remain cordial to them and see if you can't work something out for next year. You don't need to help them any more and you don't have to go out of your way to be friendly but it may help your chances for next year. Remember, what goes around comes around and that goes for good deeds too. Right now, you have helped them out and been very neighborly, maybe they will repay the favor in some other way as they are not able to repay it as immediately as they had promised. If not, you can still walk with your head high knowing that you did the right thing and maintained your integrity even if they did not, and that is a priceless thing.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy's got it figured out. Finally, someone that has common sense and courtesy for others. I'm not sure how many of these posts are joking around, and how many are serious, but all kidding aside, we should treat people the way we would like to be treated - no matter what we get in return.

Let's all take a big step up to the next higher level.

Cookie,

That sucks. I like it best when "a man's word and a handshake is all you need." Again, what comes around goes around.

Cookie, did you say this tag was for your Mom? Oh my God! God is diffentily going to punish him. What goes around comes around. Be the bigger man, which it seems your are all ready.

Joe

That's what I said. I think I will be the nice guy....again, but it's gonna be hard not to go ballistic on him! Mom says it's ok, don't worry about it but it torques me off every time I think about it. I guess it will all work out....

Bottom line? No deal's a deal unless it's on paper. Make sure you have the flakey bass turd put it in writing next time. Sorry that you got burned, but that's the way it is in today's society. You can trust a buddy you've known for years, but a stranger or a friend of a friend? Forget it.

Kharma's a real beotch. He'll get his. Our community is a tight niched bunch and he'll get his for sure.

John,
I refuse to believe that for one second. If I give my word on a deal then it's good. No matter what, and I refuse to fall into the pit that these sorry excuses for human beings are trying to create. I know I am not the only one out there who makes a deal and then sticks to it. I will be watching the posts and if he EVER tries to make a deal with ANYONE else you can bet there will be a PM sent to that individual not to trust him as far as you can throw him!! I guess the bottom line to this story is that once again I stuck true to my word and if nothing else I can sleep at night knowing that I held true to MY word even if he didn't. (The guy, his brother, and his friend all got shots at critters they had hunted for four years previous without even seeing one!! I done GOOD!!!!)

>You should brutally murder him, his
>wife, his kids, and his
>dog. That would set
>an example for anyone else
>that might think of trying
>that. My sarcasm is
>pretty thick - and meant
>to be. Seriously, try
>not to deal with people
>like this, it takes too
>much out of you.

The dog too?