What Ya Cooking?

tailchasers

Long Time Member
What are you cooking with your game? We've get elk meatloaf, mashed taters, and Mom's apple sauce. Winter eating when it feels like spring.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Took a meat mallet to some deer chops. Dipped em in egg and seasoned flour and fried em up with a big side of mashed taters!

Just finished crock pot deer roast that simmered all day with gravy, potatoes and onions. Pretty tasty after a day in the office

We had Injura, Atkilt, Misr Wat, Doro Wat, with canned elk instead of chicken, but we still had the hard boiled eggs. Also Berbere Rice and Salad made Ethiopian.

Bet you all are jealous.

DZ

Chicken fried buck steak, baked tater tots, and frozen corn fried in butter! Yum!!

In case you were wondering, never had a high Cholesterol, Blood Sugar, or Blood Pressure! Never did.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The weekend of the Daytona 500 we will have a sausage making party weekend. 200 lbs of 50-50 deer pork will go into the smokehouse on a 5 or 6 week journey to become deer sausage.In the mean time I just had some elk Parmesian over pasta.
Good Cooking
J_T_B

>Chicken fried buck steak, baked tater
>tots, and frozen corn fried
>in butter! Yum!!
>
>In case you were wondering, never
>had a high Cholesterol, Blood
>Sugar, or Blood Pressure! Never
>did.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"
Good for you Joe,I love chicken fried steak! but my cholesterol level has gotten little higher.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-15 AT 08:26AM (MST)[p]I like to cut some meat into golf ball size chunks and wrap with green chile and bacon cook over non direct heat on the grill!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-15 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]Slightly under sized Lingcod, salad, and a baked potato.

NVBighorn would refer to it as poached fish.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

A couple of weeks ago had an antelope roast in the crock pot with carrots and new potatoes. Yesterday had some marinated and grilled goose breast. Good stuff.

NRA Life Member

"The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once!"

God invented pigs to make venison even better than it usually is! Our game is always turned into just steaks and lots of prime burger.

Depending upon the year and the amount of game we get we do just like you Blank with simple burger and roast. I've got a hankering for some grilled bacon wrapped elk chops and with the temps where they are here in NW Colorado a grilled steak chased down with some cold one sounds awesome!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Mt. Lion Chili Verde, Elk roast with tators and gravy. Going to make a batch of Lion,jalapeno and chedder summer sausage.

Just finished some elk Cassole,yumm.Gotta find some more duck.
Elk sheppards pie tonight.
Elk/chorrizo meat loaf with green chili and pinion this weekend.

Made a big pan of elk liver and fried onions, fried potatoes too. Some won't eat liver, but elk liver is different. mtmuley

I had an extra octopus laying around so I lopped off one of it's tentacles, marinated it and put it and some salmon, halibut and blacktail in my smoker.

7700dscn0938.jpg

Everthing turned out great but the octopus. It wasn't firm and rubbery like octopus should be. It was soft and gooey.

76dscn0947.jpg

Used to eat get to octopus (tako) in Hawaii all the time with local friends, but I believe they blanched it before smoking. Kinda like smoked rubber bands when sliced up crossways, but wonderful taste and texture. Excellent in salads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom