whats the best trailcam???

Whats your price range? They go from $50 on up to several thousand $$$.

Right now IMO, the best bang for the buck is the Stealthcam I450. You need to plan on getting the external battery pack or build your own external 12vt battery for it. Stealthcam has a $20 rebate on the I450 through the end of the year. I hsve one and really love it.

-DallanC

i can afford to spend some money. i dont want one that is a piece of crap but am not really looking at spending a few thousand on it. just wanted some tips of brands and heck i dunno i am really new at it. I have been outta the game for 4 yrs due to the military. all your help is much appreciated. thanks a ton...Justin

Look at chasingame.com as they do extensive research on every camera out there.

crudde back currently is one of the WORST trailcameras going. Check out reviews and talk to people who unfortunately purchased them LOL

-DallanC

I appreciate all the help. I just got a stealth cam I450 off of ebay for $135. not too bad. I also found a 2 GB memory card on another website for about 30 so now i just cant wait to get home an play with my new toys...good luck and thanks to all...Justin

One more thing, you might have trouble with the 2gig card... seems ALOT of different cameras have issues with them. I bought 2, 1gig cards for $20 off newegg.com.

-DallanC

Those seem nice, but if you want to talk the BEST, its gotta be the Buckeye Orion. But at $2195 for a 1 camera setup, its a bit stiff for most people. The wireless image transmission is cool though.

I'm interested to see their new camera that will have the cellular uplink in it... it takes a picture and emails it right then. No more having to go check up on your cameras.

-DallanC

Take a look at TreeBark cameras.They are made in Alberta Canada and a good one will run you 600.

Me and my friends all own these and for the money i think they are the best on the market.

We have really cold winters up here and i could never find one that would last in the cold.

I have had my camera set up for over a month in average temps of 20 to 30 below zero and still had battery life left when i checked it,runs on 2AA and a 9 volt.

3.2 mega pixel camera that takes great quality pics

check out there website.

I am also looking at getting multiple cameras but temperature is not going to be a problem with mine as I will not be setting them out till April or so. Any suggestions on a camera that will let me know the quality of bulls in the area? I'm not looking for the highest grade pics, just clear enough to let me see who the big boys are for next year! I hope to use some of those in the $100 range but am a little leary of whether I'll be able to make out the subject of the shot with them. I plan on running four or more cameras so price IS the major issue.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom