When is OR going to post draw results

nvpinstripe

If I am not mistaken, OR has posted it's draw results on June 11th or 12th for the last couple of years. There is no new info on the website and no draw results yet. Anybody have any idea when they are going to post???

Monday is what I have heard. The folks over on ifish are going nuts. They've got a contest going regarding the time of the draw down to the minute.

Given the watered down 2 1/2% NR quota I don't need to see the results to know I didn't draw, even with 12 points. That is the only good aspect of their game. I have no anxiety to see draw results.

I wish I could say my statement is just a bit of sarcastic humor, but alas such is not the case. It's just the simple truth.

Yet more nonresidents than not are still paying nearly double the price for such a chinsy quota of tags...Why? If enough nonresidents voted with their feet, they would have to change something.

ODOW knows dam well they sold a bill of goods to guys like me with 12 BP's and we want out but want to use some of these points we bought. I am eager to how many points it took to draw some of these tags this year with guys crawling out of the woodwork to burn their points and get out.

>Yet more nonresidents than not are
>still paying nearly double the
>price for such a chinsy
>quota of tags...Why?

Because life isn't very long and I can hunt just a couple months of each year. I will pay out the nose to apply to 9 states every year because hunting is what I care about and in the end, it's only money.

+1 Whuppinstick

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

I agree Whuppinstuck. There sure is allot of negative comments towards ODFW from res and nonres folks. I don't agree with most of what ODFW does but I live here and will continue to hunt here until I can't do it any more, it is my passion. I also apply for other states as well...it is only money and you can't take it with you when you go.
One good thing that I can say about the cost increase is that allot of our tag and license money goes to OSP and put Four new OSP game cops in the woods. A small drop in the bucket but it is something. I was at a meeting about a month back and a study be conducted in fortrock, interstate, silver lake deer herds has shown the number mortality is Poaching followed by vehicle kills and number 3 on the list was predators. HAWK

They need more money, I understand that. But throw the nonresidents a bone if you want their money...2.5% of the primo tags (after the 5% is cherry picked in the guide draw)??? It makes a deer or elk tag really cost $2000 or maybe much more, considering how much application and license money must be paid first...You could do better for less on CO landowner vouchers. Is 10% of the tags to the nonresident draw unreasonable??? It's that or more everywhere else and I'm sure many of you go out of state. What if they were as stingy as OR??? You wouldn't be doing much nonresident hunting, that'sa for sure!

ElmerFudd, I don't disagree with you that Oregon's NR quota is small, but I will participate every year because the number of tags available to me and the number of states where I can apply are finite and scarce. By opting not to participate in Oregon's draw I am not proving anything, as those draws will always be subscribed enough to guarantee distribution. It costs a lot of money, but I save my money for hunting tags instead of buying anything I don't really need.

> It's that or more everywhere else and I'm sure many of you go out of state. What if >they were as stingy as OR??? You wouldn't be doing much nonresident hunting, >that'sa for sure!

You're right, but I'm not doing any NR hunting as it stands. I've been applying for 6-11 years (11 in OR) in nine states and have yet to draw a decent tag. But it's all a numbers game. Oregon might have smaller tag allotments, but I think they also have less applicants per tag. They raise the price, some people exit the game. I stay in and it costs me a little bit more money, but theoretically I'll get to hunt more often.

>Given the watered down 2 1/2%
>NR quota I don't need
>to see the results to
>know I didn't draw, even
>with 12 points. That
>is the only good aspect
>of their game. I
>have no anxiety to see
>draw results.

Wow what a big surprise. 14 consecutive years without drawing one tag. Just a pile of donation receipts. At least now I know where I won't be hunting this year. Nice gig Oregon has going selling dreams for cash.

Back
Top Bottom