Where are you buying ammo?

elks96

Long Time Member
So my little town is just not getting any ammo in at all. The good old boy system seems that when ammo does arrive the owners and friends all get first shot and often not much is left over.

What places on LinkedIn are reliable and safe to use? I have notification ready for Midway. But I want to expand my options and when I search there seems to be a whole bunch of sketchy places who will charge you and then hold funds while on back order etc.

Where are you having luck?

Same BS Going on Here in the Basin!

Some of Them Are Listing Guns & Ammo on GUNBROKER because They Know They Can Garner Mega Bucks!

I Can Only Imagine What a Big Ole KEG of BH 209 Will Cost in the Near Future!

So my little town is just not getting any ammo in at all. The good old boy system seems that when ammo does arrive the owners and friends all get first shot and often not much is left over.

What places on LinkedIn are reliable and safe to use? I have notification ready for Midway. But I want to expand my options and when I search there seems to be a whole bunch of sketchy places who will charge you and then hold funds while on back order etc.

ammoseek.com
I have used them several times and they have not let me down. Also bought ammo twice from Texas Hunting Equipment.
Hope this helps.

Depending on what you're after, lots of local stores have quite a selection here in Utah.
Online, check out: midsouthshooterssupply, Natchez, Powder Valley

Drive up north a bit. Plenty of ammo. 9mm,45, .380, 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag, 45-70, 6.5 cm, 22, .17hmr, .223, 243, 45-70,.300 blackout and more. Last time i checked was last week but the shelves been full for a couple of months. When ammo was hard to find our local store was constantly getting shipments and people were buying and got their fill. I personally got my fill but cant find a certain .300 win mag ammo I like.

What are you looking for exactly?
Hornady 270 in 130 grain and Hornady 243 in 100 grain. I prefer those as I know both are shooters in our guns. Everything else it seems one gun shoots decent the other expands on group. I might have to quit looking for hornady?

Some people say it's getting better, but I don't see where it's getting better.

Walmart hasn't had anything in two years. And I think the good old boy is what is going on there. Someone buys it before it hits the shelves.

Cabela's is bad. The local gun shops have more than they do. Cabela's would normally have a thousand or more different rifle calibers, bullet types and weights. On line now they have about 50.

Gunbroker and Ammoseek, they have some ammo but a normal $50 box of ammo will be $80 plus $20 shipping for $100 total.

There is plenty of double priced 5.56 ammo. Plenty of 9MM, I did pick a box of 9MM the other day for $18, brass case, FMJ.

I check the local gun stores every couple of weeks. I check on line almost every day. Cabela's might get something and sell out in a day. Cabela's is a good place to buy ammo on line if they have anything. Reasonable price a free shipping over $50.

Some people say it's getting better, but I don't see where it's getting better.

Walmart hasn't had anything in two years. And I think the good old boy is what is going on there. Someone buys it before it hits the shelves.

Cabela's is bad. The local gun shops have more than they do. Cabela's would normally have a thousand or more different rifle calibers, bullet types and weights. On line now they have about 50.

Gunbroker and Ammoseek, they have some ammo but a normal $50 box of ammo will be $80 plus $20 shipping for $100 total.

There is plenty of double priced 5.56 ammo. Plenty of 9MM, I did pick a box of 9MM the other day for $18, brass case, FMJ.

I check the local gun stores every couple of weeks. I check on line almost every day. Cabela's might get something and sell out in a day. Cabela's is a good place to buy ammo on line if they have anything. Reasonable price a free shipping over $50.
Yeah buddy, ammoseek gets expensive, but I did score a deal on 3 boxes of 150gr oryx
$20 a box , was $38 + S&H

every where else is empty shelf, basspro , ect

I just did a free ship to store at Basspro. Buying online. It was nice going to the store knowing that what I wanted was there waiting for me.

I think Basspro and Cabela’s has about the same thing. May be shipping out of the same warehouses.

They ship to my front door. If they had anything.

I think Basspro and Cabela’s has about the same thing. May be shipping out of the same warehouses.

They ship to my front door. If they had anything.
Yes , same , going to their stores in San Antonio tx = zeros on basically all ammunition, 20ga , 22mag , 30wcf , .308win

I went into the new Sportsman's Warehouse that just opened here North of Sacramento. They had a good supply of ammo including rim fire. On reloading supplies, good supply of bullets, fair amount of brass including most pistol brass and 223, 308, 30-06 brass.
Very little primers and powder.
RELH

Plug for ammo seek, I’m buying a few different types of rounds for a new .308 tikka I scored. I heard they tend to shoot the 150’s well and found some of that new Rem core lockt tipped for around 33bucks a box which seems reasonable to me

LinkedIn is a sounding board for job coaches, recruiters, and people promoting their business. I haven't seen any ammo advertisements there.

I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Reno today and they had lots of ammo and some powder. The bad news is that the guy behind the counter told me that both CCI and Federal had announced that they will not be shipping any more component primers in 2022. I certainly hope he is misinformed. ------SS

I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Reno today and they had lots of ammo and some powder. The bad news is that the guy behind the counter told me that both CCI and Federal had announced that they will not be shipping any more component primers in 2022. I certainly hope he is misinformed. ------SS
I heard a similar thing from a Sportmans counter guy in Co though.

If there is a particular factory load that you like, need or just want and you find it then buy it regardless of price. It doesn’t look like these “supply chain” issues are going to get any better this year. Pay $100 for a $50 box of ammo and you will be ready for hunting season.

What are you looking for?

Might want to check on Midway. Just a sent a link to someone there is 150 grain 308 win federal premium partitions for $31 right now, a few others on pretty good sale also

Rogers Sporting Goods has Barnes Triple Shock .270 130 grain for 46.99 right now.

We have a farm and ranch store in NM, GEBOS and their shelves are stocked with ammo. Maybe this helps somebody.

Yes , same , going to their stores in San Antonio tx = zeros on basically all ammunition, 20ga , 22mag , 30wcf , .308win
Come up to Ace in Fredericksburg. Always Hornady .308 and also usually have a bunch of 22 mag and 22lr. No limits either. I always grab 2-3 boxes of .308 every weekend when I am home.

Come up to Ace in Fredericksburg. Always Hornady .308 and also usually have a bunch of 22 mag and 22lr. No limits either. I always grab 2-3 boxes of .308 every weekend when I am home.
Limits always chap my hide. I live in a no limit State. It’s against the law to place a purchase limit on merchandise.

I am lucky that Brownell's in located where I live. A little communications with some of their staff, some patience, and I get what I need.

If there is a particular factory load that you like, need or just want and you find it then buy it regardless of price. It doesn’t look like these “supply chain” issues are going to get any better this year. Pay $100 for a $50 box of ammo and you will be ready for hunting season.
That's exactly what I did.

I second Sportsmans Warehouse if you have one nearby. Their shelves are stocked with the common calibers (loads of 308, 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creed, 7mm Rem Mag, 22 LR, etc).

Other than that, it's hit or miss or just plain fairy dust, like PRC anything (300 or 6.5).

Cal-Ranch, although smaller, is also well stocked with the common calibers.

One other tip, check their respective web sites and order from there. Sometimes the goods will post to their website before showing up in the stores.

Hornady 270 in 130 grain and Hornady 243 in 100 grain. I prefer those as I know both are shooters in our guns. Everything else it seems one gun shoots decent the other expands on group. I might have to quit looking for hornady?
Sportsman has Hornady 130 available online to ship to you now.

Rocky mtn sports in casper had about 40 boxes of Hornady 243 eldx about 2 weeks ago.

Midway USA. I got thousands of CCI large Rifle and Magnum primers. Pounds and pounds of H380 H4831 and Varget. 100s and 100s of .22 55 gr Serria game kings. 100s and 100s .308 150 Game Kings. 100s and 100s of .308 165 game kings 100s and 100s of .308 180 game kings. 100s and 100s of.338 250 gr game kings. 1000s and 1000s 5.56 loaded..
1000s by 1000s .40 s/w loaded 1000s by 1000s .45 loaded 100sby 100s of 12 GA. 1000s by many 1000s .22 rim fire. 1000s of .22 mag....oh hell sorry that was September of 2020 what was I thinking?

Watch for this place. Really good deals and they accept cashapp only. Did a bigger search and found people bought guns and to only pay extra fees and still no gun.

one of my kids won a .270 in a raffle over a year ago. I searched for decent ammo for a decent price. No luck. So I searched for a year for decent brass and powder for .270. No luck. Ended up selling the unfired gun last month and he put the money into his target bow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom