Where Do The $ Go ?

S

spcheuvront

I have failed to get the word out properly
about where the dollars go.
This is not an add for the MDF or the ADA.
I have been part of a 5 man team for the ADA
who decides where to invest dollars collected
from the sale of the 3 commissioners mule deer
and coues deer tags. I have enjoyed being part
of this team since 2000.
The team always gets requests for far more dollars than we have to spend.
We have a process that takes nearly a year to work
projects thru a system.
There is a wide network of caring sportsman who thru out the state, have formed committees to address needed wildlife work that needs to be done. These groups are called
HABITAT PROJECT COMMITTEES or HPC's for short.
Please call your local AZG&FD regional offices and they can give you contact information on who to call in your area.
This year the deer folks, ADA and MDF, got together to
decide who and what would get funds for which projects.
Now, without going into too much detail, that's how it works.
I've said all that to say this.
THE DEER FOLKS DON"T SPEND ALL THE MONEY NORTH OF THE RIVER
Now that I have calmly made that point, I will tell you that this year for instances we spent nearly $400,000.00 on the deer in Az. We spent over $300.000.oo south of the phoenix area.
We have done similiar amounts for years. Some of the uninformed
in the state, and that's my fault, say that the ADA and MDF only care about Kaibab and the Strip. Yes we care very deeply about these areas, but we also care about the whole state, and put our money and labor on the ground to prove it.
If you are saying these things without knowing the facts, I encourage you to ask questions, come to a meeting, get involved with your local HPC, etc. , etc.
I know I have probably left something out that some one has a question about. Please ask it, if you are unclear about something ,that means 50 people feel the same way. My writing skills never were very good and lately , my mind takes trips, it fails to tell me about. If something I have written doesn't make sense please tell me. I'm not running for office here ,but trying my best to get out the " CORRECT " word.
Steve Cheuvront

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom