where have all the deer and elk gone?

R

Rocky270

surprise!!!!!!

492101693398e5e5.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-08 AT 08:07AM (MST)[p]thats unit #48 north of ketchum, almost to boulder city road..
they are called the phantom hill pack..
there used to be 7 of em but one got hit by a car about 2 weeks ago..

DO YOU THINK WOLVES CAN BE MANAGED BY HUNTING ALONE?

Federal Delisting Lawsuit ? Selected Quotes from Affidavits by USF&W Wolf Recovery Officials: Edward Bangs, David Mech, PhD., Mark Boyce PhD, Douglas Smith PhD

Bangs

? Yet the overall NRM wolf population has still increased at a rate of 24% annually. (P14)

? If the wolf population continues to grow the number of domestic animals and livestock killed, the economic losses, and the level and cost of agency control required to resolve those conflicts will all occur at an increasingly higher rates. (P14)

? YNP is saturated with wolves and there is simply no room left for wolves to disperse into YNP, logically explaining the past limited evidence of genetic or radio collared wolf dispersal into YNP itself.(P17) ? Within 12 years the GYA went from 41 founders in 1996 to over 453 wolves in 2007.(P18)

? Most wolf populations in North America (representing about 60,000 wolves) and in other parts of the world are hunted, trapped, and individual wolves are killed through a wide variety of other methods by people.(P21)

MECH

? It has not been demonstrated that ?a substantial reduction? in wolf abundance will occur, and my opinion is that it will not because merely to hold a wolf population stationary requires an annual take of 28-50% per year.(P7)

? Starting with a base population of 1,545 wolves in late 2007 (Final Rule)and adding the average 24% annual increase shown from 1995 through 2006 yields 1,916 wolves expected to be present in fall 2008.(P7)

? Assuming the minimum figure and that ID actually takes 328 wolves which is its limit but which seems very unrealistic (Mech 2001) that would still be only 17% of the minimal population.(P8)

BOYCE

? Since their reintroduction to Yellowstone National Park and central Idaho in 1995, the NRM wolf population has increased by approximately 24% per year despite poaching and removal of wolves that were depredating livestock. P4

? Wolves have high reproductive capacity. Like dogs, wolves have litters of puppies, typically with 5-9 pups in a litter. Most often we see a single litter per pack each year but when prey are abundant, as in Yellowstone National Park, multiple litters can be produced within a pack of wolves. (P5)

SMITH

? Overall the annual survival rate is 66% for pups, 71% for yearlings, and 82% for adults,(P4)

? I fully support delisting of the NRM wolf population as I believe the population is biologically viable, and this is the correct action given policy and statements made to the public throughout this entire process. The goal has been achieved, and as promised, it is time to move on.(P9)

Rocky270, Do you have a link for this info.

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom