Where to stay in unit 52?

LAST EDITED ON May-31-14 AT 01:23AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-31-14 AT 01:22?AM (MST)

Hey everyone,

This year was a lucky year for my Pops and I. We both drew tags for deer and elk in some pretty good units. Unfortunately, all the planning falls on my shoulders for all four hunts that we have, and they are coming up fast. I have a pretty good idea of where we are going to hunt for my fathers elk hunt (unit 52, Antlerless, Nov 15-19) but I'm not exactly sure where to stay. My father is mobility impaired veteran who just went through hip reconstruction surgery, so sleeping in the back of the truck isn't an option. Does anyone know of any places to rent up there? If not what is the closest town with a hotel(Antonito,Co)? I was also considering renting an rv, any suggestions, experience? Thanks in advance.

-Tony

Here is me and the old man on my depredation hunt on Vermejo Park.
It was the first hunt he had been on in years.
4889dsc00004.jpg

I wish I took a picture of him holding his cane up in the air when he shot a deer a couple of seasons ago :). . . I won't forget the camera this year.

Not sure if you got hooked up with something already but I would stay in Antonito. It's real close by and there are a couple places there. Can't remember the names but we stayed there once before just do a search. Good luck!

Ryan

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom