Which Goat to Shoot???

Whitedeer

This is my first post on this website. I have been a viewer for a couple of years, and really appreciate most of the opinions given here. I am hunting antelope in Texas here in about a week, and I have two bucks located on the property I am hunting. Both bucks are bigger than my previous two bucks, and both have some appealing individual attributes. I would like to know two things....which one do you think is the shooter, and what do you think he will score? Both of my previous bucks were in the 75 inch range with 13 inch horns. Both of these bucks are much longer, but not as massive. Here are three pictures of the first buck at different angles...

4abd191770219ba6.jpg

4abd19547202777a.jpg

4abd19d1756311ee.jpg

Now here are three pictures from different angles of buck #2...

4abd1a0d76f9a663.jpg

4abd1a287778bfdc.jpg

4abd1a417a02092b.jpg

Honest opinions please. Do you think either will go 80 inches?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jim Bob

Jim,
As you know, Antelope are really tought to judge ''in person'' much less in photos. Some people have been offended when they asked for score guesses and didn't hear what they wanted to hear. However, since you asked, in my non-expert opinion neither of those goats look close to 80 inches to me. The 2nd one might be a bit longer than the 13 inchers you already have but not much and he's pretty light on top. The first one is heavier on top but based upon the length of the ear in relation to the prong I'm not getting any more than 13'' long out of him. I'd say low 70's on both. I hope you kill the bigger one and I'm off by about 10 inches ! GOOD LUCK. Chip

That's exactly the type of opinion I am looking for. Thanks for the stab. I agree on judging from a photo. I am still pretty convinced that the longer of the two (#2) will go closer to 15", but he definitely loses mass on top. Thanks for your guess. I plan to have one of them on the ground by Sat. of next weekend, and will be able to know for sure. Thanks again.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-09 AT 07:09AM (MST)[p]I agree with the low 70's. Good luck to you. Buck #1 might score better because of his mass. There are alot more mass measurements the length measuremets

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom