which is better buck?

tworivers

I know one is closer but which would you pick? Why? second one is out further but as tall as first maybe an inch shorter..

antelope1032-1.jpg

antelope1038.jpg

antelope1044.jpg

antelope1025.jpg

antelope1024.jpg

morelopes014.jpg

morelopes017.jpg

Hard to tell but the second one looks big. That first one is cool though. A little character goes a long way as far as I am concerned.

Hard to tell with the second buck, but it looks like he has the better paddles. First one looks cool, but I'd lean towards the second.

Do these steps and it may give you a little better idea:

1- Right click on image and select "copy"

2- Open Microsoft Paint

3- Right click and select "paste"

4- In paint, select "Image" (from the pull down menu)

5- Select "resize/skew" option

6- Change option one from 100 to 200%

7- Change option two from 100 to 200%

Although clouded, you should see a better depiction of the mass.
Having seen this, I would take the buck in pic #2. Good mass
and average length.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-09 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-09 AT 08:53?PM (MST)

Number two is first option then first buck . He has about 4-5 inch prongs and mass looks like stove pipes as someone on here said. Second buck looks like 3 inch prongs or so but has length. Will try to recrop.

Thanks! Here they are at 200% as recommended:

antelope1024200.jpg

antelope1025200.jpg

antelope1038200.jpg

antelope1044200.jpg

Need to take a closer look at the buck with the longer prongs, very difficult to see mass in the pics, which makes a big difference. I hunted a buck very similar to that last year and found that he did not have very good mass, which made his prongs look even bigger....The buck in pictures 2 and 3 in the original post looks like a better buck to me. Good mass and nice, high prongs, which look to be 4"+ inches. Looks like he could have high enough prongs to put 3 mass measurements below the prongs....But, pictures are very deceiving.

Shoot the one with big prongs between the two. You can go shoot a buck like the one with shorter prongs almost any day in WY

Shoot the one with big prongs especially if it has good mass. It might be a titch shorter but overall is a much better animal. One of the photos makes the big prong buck look like he has good length on top.

Don't forget you counting prong length from the back of the horn. I'd say that buck has more like a 6 inch prong unless its a little blur from the camera.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom