Which one?

typicalmuley

I have been watching these two bucks this summer. I would gladly take either one. If you had your choice though which one would you take and why? Give me rough estimates of scores when they are done growing.

P1040878.jpg

P1040721.jpg

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

Top one unless that kicker on the bottom one keeps growing. a NT buck would be nice but the top one looks like he's about 15" to 20" larger to me. I'd guess the top one around 170.

I personally would kill the top one, I got him @ 165-170

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

The bottom buck resembles an older buck going down hill. Has the mass, forks, ect. But lacking the width. I'd take the bottom one. I prefer mass over width.

Couple sweet bucks for sure. Top buck looks like he might score better, but I think I'd lean toward the bottom buck for his unique character. Great photos also!

Question for you guys that follow individual bucks throughout the summer. When will they stop adding tine length and how much more growth would you expect on these bucks between now and then?

I am no expert, but if they are balled up they are still growing. For example, the buck on the bottom, his main beams probably are about done growing. His other points that are balled up still have quite a bit of growth left. I would the top buck may grow another 1" to 3" on top. The buck on the bottom anywhere from 3" to 5" inches on top.

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-12 AT 08:30PM (MST)[p]>Let them both live... Idaho bucks
>should be on the endangered
>species list. Maybe let
>them breed a few more
>doe's

Took the words right out of my mouth! Leave them for seed!

Let them both live...agreed.
Those are both nice bucks but there are 30 days until most hunts start; thats plenty of time to find something bigger or more mature.
Either way, good luck
www.pure-elevation.com

Bottom one is neat but too small. Top one has nice forks, like to see how he finishes out. Good buck for a general unit, but not for a decent draw unit. If you take pics again of them, post them up so we can see how they grow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom