Who else is struggling w/ bears in 2011?

kicker

We have not had one hit this year...usually it's mahem after the first week. Is it the crazy weather..snow levels...what?!

I have had struggles with snow everytime I get dead set on goin that night it snows. Since haven't even gone up i guess I can't say I'm having struggles and the guys I've talked to that have haven't seen no sign so in a since its saved me money but I feel like I'm gonna be way behind by the time I go

Been out twice, Saw one bear in 32a on the drive up, other than that nothing, cut on fresh track(small one). I'm not going to waste my time. I'll head back up in middle of May.

I am like the worlds greatest chipmunk baiter. Im thinking about doing a spoof video just on that. I have about 100 chipmunks stealing my bait....it takes all I have not to launch a broadhead through one when im sitting in the stand!

PW

Hey Kicker, or anyone else for that matter, is your bait sitting on top of the snow or is your area already cleared off? I am wondering if the bears will stay holed up until the snow melts or if they will still come out with large amounts of snow? If they are coming out on the snow, I'm going to have to get a snow machine and get in to my bait!

Snow is cleared off. A few lingering patches but also green grass too. I put the dougnuts out this weekend and still nothing has touched it.

LAST EDITED ON May-04-11 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]FINALLY had the the first bear hit the bait. 200lb sow looks like to me but a really cool cinnamon color phase.

Going up to add more carp and doughnuts soon.

PW

Suppose to get pretty warm next week. That carp stank ought to travel for miles.......ready to send a broadhead thru a bruin!!!

PW

So this little bear that has been hitting my bait finally marked it has her own by taking a crap next to it. It was straight green grass....looked like a horse. I can't believe how late spring is for these bears this year.

PW

how is the north fork area, have you heard any reports
very late hear in utah too

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom