who got late season elk

Tried to get one but them suckers went fast. Stayed on till the last one was sold to try and catch an opening but no luck. Congrats.

It was crazy how fast they went.

Why do they not just have a seperate draw etc? Do the math on people paying the $9 fee to apply!

What a joke, and I am sure there is no BS going on etc! RIGHT

Congrats on the tags! I was signed in, but by the time my screen refreshed at 10:00 nothing but the 6X hunts were left. Let me know if anyone needs help with the Unit 53 hunt. I love that area.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-10 AT 08:22AM (MST)[p]>Archery unit 37 for me.
>
>I got lucky!:D
>
>Any advice for me???

I have the same hunt 6x or bigger ..Headed there in 37 this week-end for my buddys deer rifle hunt..I pass on some info when I get back

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-10 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]Bet you that most of the tags went out of State again makes me want be be a non resident...........

>Congrats on the tags! I
>was signed in, but by
>the time my screen refreshed
>at 10:00 nothing but the
>6X hunts were left.
>Let me know if anyone
>needs help with the Unit
>53 hunt. I love
>that area.

I was able to get a Unit 53 Cow tag....I have some ideas where to start but any more info would be great. I guess I got lucky when my webpage refreshed.....good luck to all others who got tags

Approx 20 seconds and they were all choosen, it didn't take long and the ypeople with the fastest internet got through...

With all of this non-rez vs rez talk, why do they do not have a seperate draw.

They could make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

I put in for sandhill crain etc late in the season.

Well, it would be nice, if they actually did some game management. Who determines, how many tags are allocated?

I hope game and fish does a fly over unit 9 in the spring, for example. They will see 10000000 elk. Only, problem is they will all be on private lands, during the hunting season. The public lands will be hammered with cow tags!

This system must change!

My cuz got a Unit 34 bow late season bull tag, never been down that way, any suggestions??

Unit 9 is such a huge unit with an amazing elk population, but like you said they'll see them all everywhere but public land. The one huntable strip is on Mt. taylor. Which is good at least till the pressure or weather sets in. Everything else is a checkered board of private, rez, and land grant. every other portion of public land you are able to spit across!

Unit 10 anyone drew a cow tag late season, I saw a bunch in there last week.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

landop & elkman,

I should let you know when they flew it not to long ago they only saw 45 head total on public land. Why they gave out 50 cow tags amazes me.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom