Who whacked the doves today?

DW

Long Time Member
Western nebraska less than an hour.
285620150901072752.jpg

had a great shoot behind my house today.....had 15 or 18 guys this morning....about that many and a great bbq tonite.....more dove than we could shoot.....and more eurasians than ever....about 50-50.....so lots of 20 t0 30 dove limits....

Went out behind barn and sat under my favorite little mesquite tree. Had a limit of white-wings/mourning dove in about an hour. Managed three bonus Eurasian doves as well.

Got..1. but my 6mos. old pup had fun. Then got side tracked and filled my doe antelope tag. Need backstraps...LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Don't know much about doves, but went out anyway with my pup and didn't see any. What type of habitat do they like?

Wild sunflowers, millet, cut winter wheat, Russian olive trees, old abandoned farmsteads. Drive till you find em, get permission, and have fun!

Can't find any doves in the payson utah area that are in huntable locations. All are near roads or around houses. Anybody have a place to try. Still trying to get my first shot at one.

Doves are scarce in Montana. Got about a dozen by my house. I'm gonna wait till there's enough to make a meal. Probly only a couple more years. Can't wait. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom