who ya wanna hunt with?

R

RLH

somebody started a thread on one o' the other forums about who they would like to hunt with most from all the guys on the MM site. guess what, almost all of them picked guys from this forum! hoooo boy! somebody is in for a literall rude awakening. as in "wake up boy and put on this dress"!! said they wanted to hear all the stories around the campfire. didn't realize that after the hunt was over, they were gonna be one o' the stories.......... sounded to me like you could probly get them to pay for the trip too. have fun.

Boy,

What a laugh!! I went and found that post and read it. My pappy once told me, just after he listed his old Ford truck for sale, "Junior, there's a sucker born every minute."

Truly he wasn't lying. Someone on that thread actually said they'd like to hunt with me. It's really rather sad that anyone would intentionally ever stoop to hunt with me and the toothless inbreds I run with.

In reality, though they may not realize it, what they are actually saying isn't "I'd like to hunt with HoundDawg"...

but they are really saying, "I'd like to drive my new truck, pay for all the gas, food, and tags if anyone decides to bring one, let Dawg release all manner of gastric noxious fumes in my new tent, forever damaging it, spend $200 dollars on cheap beer so I can sit around the fire and watch guys who haven't showered in 5 days drink it until they fall over face first in the dirt, while their buddies use their buttcracks as lantern stands.

Then try to sleep a couple hours that night with 17 barking hounds that won't shut up cuz there is a slight breeze blowing the leaves a bit, so they are at full bay for 6 straight hours...

Until one of them regains enough conciousness to shout, "Shut the hell up!!!" By then it's 4:00am and time to get up anyway to go find a track so the Dawg can shout, "Dump the f***n' boxes!!"

Then you spend the next 17 hours listening to a tracking box go "beep beep beep"... while hours ago you realized the hound guys raided your cooler last night, gave all your Nestle Chocolate milk to their hounds, and the only food you have in the truck is some goat jerky one of them brought from elk camp the year before and a half a can of Planters peanuts, that Kevin has been using as an ash tray for a week.

To actually read people posting they'd like to hunt with me is a total mystery... it baffles and boggles the imagination. And these are supposedly SANE people, they aren't black and tan or plott guys!!!

The only explanation to me is a phrase I heard at church last time I went. Forgive me if I get this wrong because it was 22 years ago. But all I can say in response to this is that line from the Bible, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

-Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom