Wholesome Brisket and Mushroom Stroganoff

Blank

Long Time Member
Looking like it's ready to start snowing, right before dinner!! One of my many little picky things in cooking. I always try to get good ORGANIC mushrooms, for dishes. They are much better quality, they cook better, and have far less water when toasting them, so the flavor stays better. The onions are cut big so the wife can pick them out.

That damned woodchuck and his shadow; someone should shoot the little rodent!!! At least it's a plausible excuse to eat good food!!!

2A3E1DD1-BDB0-44A4-8A09-E35E2793F15E_1_201_a.jpeg

0402DE2B-6FB9-4695-B133-0CDFE146E1A3_1_201_a.jpeg

CBB22552-644A-41A4-8B9C-29D941040470_1_201_a.jpeg

3B2ED117-068A-41B0-A879-3A013B49FEBD_1_201_a.jpeg

8FF78C41-1F64-4A9A-9D8D-91914AA6F876_1_201_a.jpeg

Had to make it with the bow tie pasta, as 3 different stores were all out of normal wide egg noodles! This "supply shortage" is really starting to piss me off. The weirdest thing is, there is no rhyme or reason to the things that aren't available.

The wife always wants the peas mixed in, but I draw the line at that! I like peas, but only by themselves.

The wife always wants the peas mixed in, but I draw the line at that! I like peas, but only by themselves.
I'll sometimes eat them if a few are mixed into a stew or such, where picking them out would be a PIA. But in our house, we don't even have any in the pantry. And I definitely can't stand pea soup.

I personally like peas?
Not to hijack this thread but……. What vegetables do you absolutely detest????

I love all foods world-wide, and actually enjoy watching Andrew Zimmern on the Food Network, and trying new things. The only thing I will NOT eat is Brussel Sprouts, which is hilarious, because I love cabbage!!!

For me...peas, lima beans, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, okra, beets are ones I normally avoid.

I like cabbage, spinach, corn, asparagus, green beans & most other beans, lettuce, celery, fennel, reg. & sweet taters (yams), all onions, zucchini squash, radishes, eggplant, artichokes, avocados, carrots, mushrooms and the fruit -- tomato.

There might be others I either eat or don't eat, but my brain has done enough for today. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom