Who's got the best jerky?

msy

My favorite place to get jerky is Thompsons Smokehouse in Erda, UT. Just wondering what little shops you guys think have the best jerky.

There is one of those in Ogden now. I'm guessing they are related but I could be wrong. They do a good job. They turned my moose into tasty morsels.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

They have great jerky, when I worked in tooele a few years ago, I used to stop in once a week

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Thompson's is best in my opinion, plus their prices are reasonable. Just wish they had a place in Utah County (hint, hint).

Uncle Ted used to sell some awesome jerky made by Double D Meat Co. if I remember correctly. I don't know why they stopped selling it. Their hot jerky was HHHHOTTTT!

Lmao, he is real! I know a guy who knows a guy who has seen him up big cottonwood canyon. They said he was leaving a clubhouse.
Come to thing of it I have never met rugburn..?..

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Clay Myers has incredible BBQ jerky. I had a bunch of my elk made into it, but it's almost gone already.

With that said, Curt (monarchtaxidermy) makes the best deer jerky I've ever tried. I have no idea what he does to that stuff, but it's as tasty as anything I've ever eaten!

Cheers,
Pete

Been a few years for me, if you're in the Austin/San Antonio area give the "Texas Road Kill" a try--loved that stuff!!

Taylor's in Grant's Pass Oregon. Lots of people from Kali make a special trip up there to have their wild game done. One of the local timber companies in Kali would pay the processing fee form Taylor's if you killed a bear on their property. Sausage, jerkey, peperroni sticks, etc.

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

You are right with Taylor's they do make salami and jerky. The butcher shop in Eagle Point Oregon also makes good jerky.

Mike Woods

At the sportsman show in portland oregon there use to be a jerky booth, the name of the company was called Jerky Hut, man oh man was it the best ever, I would save my money for a couple months before hand so I could buy a couple pounds.

LINKS
Japapeno Jerky it the best.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom