Why is Point Creep a Problem?

Idaho

My response was qualified as Elk, Deer and Antelope. Sheep has a 3 Year PP Wait, after that it is a Random Draw. So you Have the same chance as anyone after 3 years!
As someone with No Elk or Deer point and 1 Antelope point, not sure how it is rigged. I hunt every year, success is measured in my enjoyment of being with my friends. We seem to kill some nice animals in 0 and 1 point units.
If you do a little digging at Colorado Hybrid Draw, you will see that you do have a chance at your Dream Units.
I hunt OTC every year too, in Idaho, and every 2nd or 3rd year in Montana. And I've drawn 1 point hunts in Wyoming. But how is this an argument for preference points/bonus draws? These hunts would be easy to draw regardless the system. That is not sound reasoning to disenfranchise future hunters from low odds draws by saying "I put in first so I have more right than you to hunt".

No, this is absolute bullshit and I don't give a damn what you do son.

We aren't talking about the few OIL tags available anywhere or the few LE tags available elsewhere. This is for hunts that offer anywhere from 150 to 300 tags for any given hunt in a draw system that gives everyone an "equal" chance.

These are for general season type hunts that have mediocre "trophy" status or are antlerless.

Quit being a little loud mouth punk and arguing for the sake of arguing. My hell...
I know, I know you were born first so you know everything and deserve more. I can understand your position, what I don't understand is why you lie? Grow a pair and say what you mean, you think you're entitled to more because you're you, and you don't give a **** about anyone who comes after you. At least I could respect the honesty.

I know, I know you were born first so you know everything and deserve more. I can understand your position, what I don't understand is why you lie? Grow a pair and say what you mean, you think you're entitled to more because you're you, and you don't give a **** about anyone who comes after you. At least I could respect the honesty.
Calm down chucho, you're 7ft tall and are packin.....we get it.....

how about we make point creep completely obsolete by making points transferable? and i mean with out restriction at all. wanna sell your 25 points to the highest bidder? go nuts. wanna buy up a hundred points? get after it! wanna gift them to your grand kid? now all the old guys can watch a 25 year old draw "their" tag!! Hell, points are points right? whats it matter?

that would be a fun melt down to watch

I like it the way it is- particularly the varying approaches taken by different states.

AZ bonus point system has been good to us. Ya, we waited around 10 years or more for those really good units, but we got them and had great times.

WY pp system coupled with Reg and Special has provided over 20 tags thru the years.

NM pure random is nice for those not historically invested. Drew 2 nice tags this year.

Like some have said- no matter which approach is taken, somebody will like it, somebody will hate it. Figure you roll with whatever punches thrown at you...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom