Willard Peak Mtn Goat

MDnut

I drew one of the non res Willard Peak Mtn Goat tags that starts next week. I received a phone call from a friend today, informing me that the DWR is going to trap & fly off 20 goats this week and only a few days before the hunt. I hope this is not true that they would do that this close to the hunt. That would run the bigger billy's to the un-huntable cliffs.

Has anyone else heard about this?

MD Nut

I haven't heard anything about that. I did take a trip up there a week ago and was suprised to see so many goats so close to the parking lot up top. Usually I've had to get my spotting scope out to see them in the past. This time they were only a couple hundred yards away. I didn't even need my binos.

Why don't you call thee DWR and ask about it?

Northern Region
515 E 5300 S, Ogden, UT 84405
Phone: 801-476-2740

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

I had already checked with the Salt Lake office and they asked for me to call back tomorrow and speak to a biologist that was not in today. I called the Ogden office and they said it was scheduled this week, but being so close to the hunt it has been rescheduled to mid October.

WHEW!!!

If you go to SFW facebook page, It shows pics of that already happening. They started a few days ago from somewhere and have already tagged and collard a hand full of goats.

Are the goats that are being taken off being transplanted to the LaSals?

Why take the goats off Willard peak? They should take the ones that have migrated out of the Willard peak hunting boundary and transplant those to other places.

Tallbuck1

I counted 22 outside of the boundary last night. There are enough to start some herd! So then the question remains. Use them as the transplant base. But your right, they should do the easy thing.

>There's not enough goats to capture
>outside the boundarys. Probably a
>easy catch on Willard.

Tallbuck1

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-13 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]Yea we should set up snares up at snowbasin there's a dozen or so on strawberry and mt allen?

>I counted 22 outside of the
>boundary last night. There
>are enough to start some
>herd! So then the question
>remains. Use them as
>the transplant base. But
>your right, they should do
>the easy thing.
>
>
>>There's not enough goats to capture
>>outside the boundarys. Probably a
>>easy catch on Willard.
>
>
>
>
>
>Tallbuck1

There's a ton of goats outside the boundary. Lewis peak, my Ogden peak, and all over weber canyon now. Hopefully they toss a couple tags out on a new unit that covers that area. I counted 19 in one little basin above Ogden a few months back.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom