Willard Peak or Uintas West

JTP99

Just looking for opinions I have enough points to draw either hunt,was leaning towards Willard Peak but heard it has gone downhill,Is that the case?

Yes I live in Willard and can watch them from my yard. I have hunted the unit the last two years and its getting hard to find a good one.

I hunted Willard 2 years ago and harvested a good billy the 1st morning. Lots of goats. Access is great and you can make the hunt as easy or hard as you want. Not familiar with the Uintah's hunt but I've camped there and it's probably a harder hunt then Willard. I'd apply for the one that would give you the experience you are looking for.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

Which hunt did you put in for? I had the Willard tag last year and it was a great hunt. I got a great goat and seen others that I would have been happy with. You will not be alone on the unit the first couple days of the hunt but after that you will have the unit all to yourself. Fun hunt

I drew a nanny tag on Willard Peak in 2012, but I got a great job in Nevada that conflicted with the hunt so I surrendered and kept my points. Utah Wildlife doubled the nanny tags on there that year. Now I have 11 points, as a non-resident. I have family and friends in Brigham City so I put in for the late billy tag every year. It has been over hunted and there are not a lot of mature billies, but it is an easy hunt compared tomany of the other units. I plan on bow hunting it when I do finally draw again. It might take me another 11 years.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Jtp the rocky mtn goat alliance is doing a Willard goat survey in late June. You should join if you can. Be a good scouting opportunity

Mtnrunner, who is the contact, and what is the contact info for the survey?
I am in, if they need volunteers.
I know the area, and the goats pretty well.
I already spend a bit of time up there photographing.

9764img_5536p_zpsmbfpshjx.jpg

Think about it, how did the above photo happen? Its a mirror image right?
That is two goats, who just happened to pose in that exact position at the time when I was there, with my camera. Looks like one goat standing in front of a mirror.

873img_9340-1_zps548a472f.jpg

1726img_9255-1_zps3a0b2dae.jpg

3532img_8669-w_zpsc3142e6f.jpg

6900img_5545-1_zps15b22769.jpg

7761img_0090_zpspwrsgp8a.jpg

4799img_0201_zpsmwsrn3vj.jpg

6717img_0148_zpspt6vad2z.jpg

4553img_0225-1_zpsvg0o4dqa.jpg

There are currently a couple goats in the area that are inured.
One with a severely broken lower leg. I contacted the DWR about it a month ago.
And one that was doing fine, but then seemed to have been attached by a mountain lion. Multiple punctures around the neck, and torn flesh around the hind leg.
Could have been from a real nasty fall, but I believe it was from a lion attack.
I have photos of the goat two weeks before the attack, and photos and video after.

I assume most guys will have areas near the top. From the north end, or the south end.
If they need guys fit enough, and familiar enough with the middle ground, I would be willing to get the goats that cant be seen from the top.

Funny, nobody at the DWR mentioned a survey when I contacted them about the injured goats.

I like goats. Not as much as sheep, but I do like goats.

Post up some info, lets get a good count.
I will photo document whats in my section.

72logo.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom