Williams globe sight

Blake_vandy

Any advice on where I can find a Williams globe front site for my CVA optima? I’ve been looking online and can’t seem to locate a single vendor with them in stock.

Scarce these days. On eBay the fronts have been going for $95. Lots of guys scrambling at the last minute. Muzzle-loaders has none in-stock. A guy on another forum recently posted that he called Williams and they told him none in stock and the next batch would be 90+ days.

The front WWP front globes are not make/model specific. I just ordered two a couple days ago from CFNparts. They’re out of stock there now but they have the sets for REM 700 ($72) that would include the front that should work for you if you get desperate.

Remember if you just buy the front globe the rear peep needs to be shimmed or elevated to match otherwise you may not have adequate height to shoot the front globe

Remember if you just buy the front globe the rear peep needs to be shimmed or elevated to match otherwise you may not have adequate height to shoot the front globe
Yes. Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the rifle and which rear peep youre using.

I had to buy 2-3 different heights and different sight ramps to get it all to line up on my bad to the bone muzzy. Still a little short for the comb on my stock but it works.

Didn't have to shim mine, but my zero is really 150 yds instead of 100, so there is that.

So with the front fiber optic globe and the rear western peep I have the peep way low on the ramp for my 100 yard zero. It’s damn near off the ramp. But I am liking it, pretty decent group with a 300 grn Thor in front of 90 grns of 777, not sure what that low guy was ( probably the Indian and not the bow)

IMG_3499.jpeg

71237414634__3CEF9DC3-7D6B-4E34-8294-9C02AE1AA3F3.jpeg

So with the front fiber optic globe and the rear western peep I have the peep way low on the ramp for my 100 yard zero. It’s damn near off the ramp. But I am liking it, pretty decent group with a 300 grn Thor in front of 90 grns of 777, not sure what that low guy was ( probably the Indian and not the bow)

View attachment 116440

View attachment 116441

That's how my peep is but not as low giving me the 150 yd zero.

The ramp needs to be extended about an inch during manufacture.

That's how my peep is but not as low giving me the 150 yd zero.

The ramp needs to be extended about an inch during manufacture.
I agree, would be much nicer to have a longer ramp. I have an old, lower ramp from Williams, I may swap it out, but since every thing seems to be going well and the peep feels solid with the set screw I may leave it until after elk season

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom