willys jeep

justr_86

Long Time Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdQwlw&feature=player_embedded

cool video, very simple vehicle!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Wow they are pretty fast.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

It always goes smoother when your taking apart something that is essentially brand new. No grease or dirt packed bolt threads, or rusted parts, etc.

willys made cj5's.....till the early 60's. But...they are not quite "that" simple.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Yep, my first Jeep was a Willy's CJ 5

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-11 AT 07:21AM (MST)[p]Yup, a Willy's. Here is my '46 that I owned during the 1960s and '70's. I completely rebuilt the little 4-banger when I bought it for $400! Th eone in the video is newer than mine, as evident by the absence of the exterior hood latches.

In the middle of body enhancement for repainting. That's a VERY younger me driving. :)

1179pighunt2.jpg

After painting a couple years later in the same camping spot. I towed the Jeep behind the '53 Ford panel truck on the right. It had a rebuilt 292 V8 from a 1958 Victoria in it.

1153pighunt3.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I have a CJ5 too. Neat little vehicle. Completely rebuilt in in 97. New body (even cut the 'WILLYS' out of the old body and welded it into the new one) , electrical, OD, etc. The only thing that wasn't new or rebuilt was the frame, the steering shaft and the trim rings around the headlights. 5.38 gears, Muncie and 350 out of a 69 Camaro.

Just put a new cooling system and exhaust in it this summer, maybe paint next year.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-11 AT 11:17PM (MST)[p]Outdoorwriter, those are some awesome machines! I love the old panel! My Dad has been trying to get ahold of one of them to rebuild for years (for a decent price) wants to make it his "work truck," for his plumbing shop. Cool pictures!

It would sure be nice to pick up vehicles at those prices now a days.

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-11 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]Bullstodie,

Those photos above are circa 1966 or so. Here are a couple more.

This one shows the truck and jeep together on the way into camp. Note the truck is white in this one.

2445pighunt1.jpg

The photo of us loaded in the jeep in my first post was shot in the morning when leaving camp. This one was taken later in the day after a successful day of javelina hunting.

8746pighunt6.jpg

This is the jeep on the North Kaibab.

6926tonydeerkaibab.jpg

The panel truck in Colorado after I painted it and added a bit of chrome trim. In addition to changing the ol' straight six to a V8, I also upgraded the electrical system to 12V from 6. My springer spaniel, Duffy, loved going for rides in the truck.

3378truckduffy.jpg

AND..here is my first hunting vehicle, a 1952 Chevy tin woodie wagon. The photo was taken on my very first big-game hunt in AZ, circa 1962.

5309deerhunt1.jpg

I killed my first mule deer buck on this hunt with a .30/30 Marlin 336 carbine. The forkie is hanging in the tree.

7920deerhunt2.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-11
>AT 08:01?AM (MST)

>
>Bullstodie,
>
>Those photos above are circa 1966
>or so. Here are a
>couple more.
>
>This one shows the truck and
>jeep together on the way
>into camp. Note the truck
>is white in this one.

Very cool pictures Outdoor. Reminds me of the thousands of times I looked at my grandfathers hunting picture books. Had many cool old cars/trucks as did you. I love seeing these pictures. I would love to sink my budget into one of them old Woodies too! Looks like you guys had a heck of a lot of fun back then!

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom