Win Pre 64 Bull Rifles

highsierra

OK...so almost a year has gone by since I made the original post below and the last time I laid eyes on the two rifles in the was when I had them out of the safe to shoot the photo. I've spoken to my brother and he feels that rather than having these two fine rifles just sitting in the dark recesses of my gun safe that we should consider finding them a home where they could continue to be appreciated by another deserving sole. I think I'm ready to let them go too. We think dad would agree as well.

So, with that said, can anyone out there provide me any info on fair market value? If you need serial numbers or any other pertinent info please PM me and I'll be happy to get you what you need.

highsierra

-----------------------------
original post:
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID22/3076.html#9

As had beed said before you have to determine how original they are. the 308 is very rare and very valuble IF it's original, if it's a rebarel or something it's a parts gun.

If you give the first 4 digits of the serial number I can tell you when they were made. then you will know what style of markings they should have. good pictures of the markings will prove if it's real or a custom . up until near the end there were markings under the chamber, like the year. then the question of parts and finishes come up.

There are many things to look at to decide a fair price, but originality is the very highest priority.

Target and varmint models by the way are somewhat less desireable and collectable. I'm not sure why, I guess it's just like today people just aren't as interested in them. they still have considerable value, but not as not nearly as much as an equally rare sporting weight rifle.

Stay thirsty my friends

Your 06 was made in 12-57, not super rare but we need to see pictures to get a better idea.

Your 308 is the intersting one, made in 8-52, first year. bull guns and national match 308's are by special order only according to Rule's book. if it's real you need to contact a high end dealer and work a consignment deal is my advice. how do you put a value on something scarce as hen's teeth?

Ther pictures didn't come through, but does it have a factory barrel marking?

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom